Spooks Forum
Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? (/thread-193.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - RoninExec - 21-10-2009 06:53 PM

Torture has many different faces.
Watching an episode of "24" is real torture for me for instance.

RE: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - Tomsdouble - 21-10-2009 06:56 PM

MI5 should just show episodes of the X Factor to alleged terrorists and they shall confess all....

RE: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - almh - 21-10-2009 06:57 PM

Definitely. Why didn't they think of that? Tongue

RE: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - Lucasfan - 22-10-2009 12:42 AM

Anyone remember seeing series 1 ep 1 of The Whistleblowers "Ghosts"?

RE: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - MataHari - 02-11-2009 05:03 PM

(10-09-2009 12:07 AM)Nitrus Wrote:  You know those moments in Spooks where someone is killed and the audience can see a TV in the background showing a news piece giving a totally different story to what actually happened?

Whenever I see those, I always think that it's not entirely impossible for that to happen in real life... where the Security Service do something drastic and the media either cover it up or are non the wiser.

What do you think? Think it happens?

Maybe even more than we think.... Confused

Absolutely! Princess Diana for one!

RE: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - Tea Lady - 02-11-2009 05:10 PM

(02-11-2009 05:03 PM)MataHari Wrote:  
(10-09-2009 12:07 AM)Nitrus Wrote:  You know those moments in Spooks where someone is killed and the audience can see a TV in the background showing a news piece giving a totally different story to what actually happened?

Whenever I see those, I always think that it's not entirely impossible for that to happen in real life... where the Security Service do something drastic and the media either cover it up or are non the wiser.

What do you think? Think it happens?

Maybe even more than we think.... Confused

Absolutely! Princess Diana for one!

Dr David Kelly for two (I think that was his name.) Supposidly slit his wrists didnt he on the day that report into the Iraq war came out? But there was no blood at the scene, he was found lying in a forest, and hadnt been suicidal before then. I think there was a Spooks episode based on this story. Wasnt it the one where Harry's old Spook friend who had cancer killed himself by putting a plastic bag over his head???

RE: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - almh - 02-11-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:Dr David Kelly for two (I think that was his name.) Supposidly slit his wrists didnt he on the day that report into the Iraq war came out? But there was no blood at the scene, he was found lying in a forest, and hadnt been suicidal before then. I think there was a Spooks episode based on this story. Wasnt it the one where Harry's old Spook friend who had cancer killed himself by putting a plastic bag over his head???

Oh, definitely. That episode with McTaggart definitely is one of those things that could really happen in real life - an operation to make murder look like suicide, or more specifically, as you said, with Dr David Kelly. Although as MI5 don't kill people, maybe it could be showing what a different group do.

RE: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - Nitrus - 02-11-2009 06:17 PM

(02-11-2009 06:08 PM)almh Wrote:  Although as MI5 don't kill people

Pfft.. yeh right.

RE: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - almh - 02-11-2009 06:19 PM

(02-11-2009 06:17 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  
(02-11-2009 06:08 PM)almh Wrote:  Although as MI5 don't kill people

Pfft.. yeh right.

Shhh, they might be reading this thread! Dodgy

RE: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - RoninExec - 02-11-2009 06:19 PM

Huh