Spooks Forum
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion (/thread-1975.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - MI4½ AGENT - 25-10-2011 12:27 PM

OK I'm back to wall again (last time I promise).... why was Ruth's name up there anyway. I thought she was Advisor to the Home Secretary and didn't work for MI5.

RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - Kazters - 25-10-2011 12:41 PM

Jhyde very much agree with you, although some dont i think it was the proper ending, yes its very sad but happy endings dont happen in spooks and to do so would be false!

i to am glad its ended especialy after the shocking writing and plot of S9 its like with S10 they had more freedom they knew it was the end, and got back to what they do best DRAMA!

RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - Betty - 25-10-2011 01:12 PM

I'm getting sick of my posts disappearing when I hit the wrong button twice! One last comment: the ending was right, and I'm now okay with it, but I felt that the frustration of the HR people (like me) was stoked by the Victorian level of chastity maintained between the two characters from beginning to end. It didn't make sense and it felt sexually manipulative: these were people who had both had lovers, and yet they never lost self-control with each other for a second. I didn't want to see a sex scene, though if the actors had both been 29 and ripped, you KNOW it would have happened (Adam and Ros's scenes only added to the sadness of their story). I just felt manipulated as a viewer. That part of the story didn't feel quite right.

RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - beatrice4ruth - 25-10-2011 01:59 PM

Harry's loss breaks my heart. I never thought that I would feel more distress for Harry than for Ruth, who is my favorite character. PF acted so powerfully the overwhelming pain of the survivor.

Betty - I can only agree with you. You could feel both Harry's and Ruth's passionate nature and it was not right to deny them intimacy. I am still angry that after 9 years we get only 3 kisses and to top it off one of them was on a dead Ruth. Kudos had the nerve not to give us a kiss just before Ruth died, even though it seems it was in the script. Shame on them!

RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - Nitrus - 25-10-2011 02:05 PM

Yet again I find myself making this point: Spooks was not a television show about 2 people who worked for the security services struggling to find time to romance each other.

RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - molecatcher - 25-10-2011 02:54 PM

(25-10-2011 02:05 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  Yet again I find myself making this point: Spooks was not a television show about 2 people who worked for the security services struggling to find time to romance each other.

LOL Nitrus, as much as the writers did their best to ignore it until the last ten minutes of the series I think it comes from so many imaginations taking off at a tangent over a glance, a smile, a whiff of chemistry until the will they/won't they question took over all else for some. Although I've often been amazed at some posts and what's been read into Harry and Ruth interaction, I remember Tennyson once wrote "Dreams are true while they last and do we not live in dreams?" Everyone dreams, just not necessarily the same thing!

RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - Kazters - 25-10-2011 02:59 PM

there is no denying that there was something between harry and ruth but at times it overtook the story, it wasnt what i watched the show for

OOT Molecatcher your quote makes me think of Dumbledore telling harry potter 'it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live'

spooks is much more than harry and ruth, as lovely as they were it was more than adam ansd ros and Jo and Ben, and adam and Fiona

RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - Scarlet - 25-10-2011 03:02 PM

For some reason, I find myself wondering what Malcolm's reaction would have been! I sort of wish he had been in the last episode, after everything they went through in 8.1. He always was fond of Ruth.

RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - Nitrus - 25-10-2011 03:40 PM

It's interesting, I've just been tweeting with people who follow the @spookstv account and almost all of them loved the ending even if they were sad that Ruth died.

So maybe in this case people are upset because they had prior knowledge of what might happen and were expecting something else. Which isn't Kudos' fault.

RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - khandy - 25-10-2011 05:40 PM

(25-10-2011 02:05 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  Yet again I find myself making this point: Spooks was not a television show about 2 people who worked for the security services struggling to find time to romance each other.

I'm not a Ruth/Harry fan But I can see that Kudos played on the spark between then especially in the series since Ruth's return. You only have to read the previews and reviews to realise it was seen as important. it was like they were dangling a carrot for the fans of the couple, hinting that they would get together and then at the last minute they yanked it away. I suggest it is this that people are frustrated at.

I'm guesing they feel played with.