Spooks Forum
[Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce (/thread-209.html)

RE: Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 11-11-2009 09:15 AM

It wasn't even necessarily about how he treats women, although that is a big part of it, he's just generally very decent in how he treats people. Exacerbated maybe by his feeling that they do many uncivilised things in daily life.

RE: Sir Harry Pearce - Tea Lady - 11-11-2009 11:54 AM

As Juliet was being mentioned I thought I would mention the first few scenes with her in 5.1 that Harry has.
Spoiler: show
I love the first one where they are in the meeting room and Harry has his hands round the back of his head. He wouldnt be so relaxed with any other JIC person and also the other scene where he goes off on one about the breasts in the red top newspapers. Juliet is really trying not to laugh at him.
Great scenes. I think Harry still holds a small torch for Juliet even after 6.8. He
defends her most strongly in front of Adam when Adam accuses her of being behind the bomb plot, I think in 6.9, when its that mad IRA bloke

RE: Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 11-11-2009 11:57 AM

I don't think it's him holding a torch for her. I think it's more that he knows what she's capable of, and as he says, bombing indiscriminately on a London street isn't one of them.

RE: Sir Harry Pearce - Tea Lady - 11-11-2009 12:06 PM

Im not sure. I think he defended her a bit too strongly there especially as she had 6.8
just killed Ros and had Harry smacked about a bit
The Man doth protest too much.....one to ponder

RE: Sir Harry Pearce - lwhite53 - 11-11-2009 02:04 PM

No, I'm with JHyde on this one. Harry respects Juliet and is very aware what she's capable of but the fling is waaay in the past. He's only got eyes for Ruth.

RE: Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 11-11-2009 09:04 PM

Going back to the point you said about being a gentleman, that is so true! I like him because he is an absolute gentleman (boys take notice!!! lol, now that we've chased you from the Harry and Ruth thread... Wink )

I think Harry does respect Juliet, but definitely, only has eyes for Ruth, at this point in time anyway.

RE: Sir Harry Pearce - lwhite53 - 11-11-2009 09:50 PM

Quote: Silktie wrote:

Wanted to mention that I really enjoy Peter Firth's performances when Harry is in funny situations. He has such a wonderfully expressive face.

Absolutely! Was watching a bunch of fanvids on YouTube (re Harry and Ruth) where they cut a bunch of footage together from different series/eps and Harry's face is extraordinary. Peter Firth's ability to act with only his face and eyes is mesmerizing. "The camera loves this guy" as the saying goes.

RE: Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 11-11-2009 09:57 PM

Oh definitely. The camera loves him, as do many of the people on this forum!

RE: Sir Harry Pearce - Tea Lady - 12-11-2009 03:21 PM

I have just watched on You Tube the clip of Peter Firth on This Morning in 2007 where he is talking about the new series (which I assume must be series 6.) At 5.20minutes Fern makes a comment that she was worried about Harry getting off with the Duchess of Dukesbridge/Dukesberry at the start of the series. I cant think what is meant by this comment and have no recollection of this in series 6. Can anyone else help?

RE: Sir Harry Pearce - Silktie - 12-11-2009 06:05 PM

I think it refers to Connie - and the Duchess comment refers to a previous role the actress played.