Spooks Forum
[Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce (/thread-209.html)

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Silktie - 22-11-2009 02:00 PM

Ooh, I would love to see more of ruthless Harry! That's another reason why it would be great to have an Ireland storyline - probably the best chance of seeing ruthless Harry in action.

I don't think
Spoiler: show
the secret Ruth will discover is anything about Harry in particular, people just assumed this was the case - I think it will have more to do with the ultimate objective of the Nightingale group. Or maybe she discovers that Sarah is a double agent and killed her boss - now that would be awesome.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 22-11-2009 02:04 PM

Yeah I know - that's what I'm hoping it is too.
But if Sarah finds out - oh my! Ruth in danger!

I'm really hoping for a big, topical Harry in Northern Ireland story before the end of the show. The big Harry story in season 8 seems to be with Ruth, but I really hope we continue to see individual stories too.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Silktie - 22-11-2009 02:10 PM

I agree about his story mostly focussing on Ruth thus far. I think, though, that matters between him and Lucas may come to a head later in the series as well.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 22-11-2009 02:19 PM

Oh I know! I was talking about that in the episode 4 discussion - I really, REALLY want that this season, although it may not come quite so fast. I just think that it's been brewing since he got back, and Richard and Peter are so great, because they're such DIFFERENT actors, really different techniques. But the characters also share a great similarity, in that they're both fiercely loyal, and there's also a genuine affection that exists between them. You only have to see Harry's face when he sees Lucas get out the car in 7.1, or in 8.4 at the prospect of sending him back anywhere near an FSB interrogator. That distrust isn't going away though....it will be one hell of a storyline when it comes.

We're still on topic here, it's OK Smile

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 22-11-2009 02:26 PM

Not Ruth in danger! Not again! lol.

Harry and Lucas definitely are both loyal and do care for each other in a "sexual way". No, joking about the last point Wink I can't wait to see all that distrust boiling up - that could prove to be a very interesting episode, perhaps with people on the Grid having to pick sides. Oooh, interesting
(22-11-2009 02:00 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Ooh, I would love to see more of ruthless Harry!

But hopefully no more Ruth-less Harry. He needs her to bring him back from the brink sometimes.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 22-11-2009 02:35 PM

And you accuse *me* of bad puns! Ruth-less (shakes head).

Then again, I did refer to the rumoured cliffhanger with Harry and Lucas in a building blowing up due to Sarah Caulfield as being 'explosive', so this pot shouldn't be beating almh's kettle.

It must be hard for Harry to sit back and watch so often. Not that he sit, he paces....in a good way. But even though he calls point, part of him must miss the field. He's definitely one of those who prefers to put himself in danger rather than others. Although part of that might be that he trusts himself more. I want to see more Harry in the field!

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 22-11-2009 02:40 PM

I like Ruth-less! I first read it in a Spooks story where Malcolm said that Harry had been a lot more ruthless since she left, in both ways. Which is true. Lol, I don't think either of us can tell the other off about bad puns Wink

Yay, you've got the pacing quote in Wink I think Harry definitely enjoys himself in the field - he is an expert operative really, he plans, double checks, and does it really well as we've seen in 4.9 and 6.something (the episode with Yalta.)

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Silktie - 22-11-2009 02:45 PM

Well, I imagine his ruthless side will definitely come to the fore if Ruth should be in danger! In fact, my immediate thought after seeing the bit in the 8.5 trailer
where Harry tells Ruth that all active officers are in danger and she must warn everyone, was that this has potential for Harry to go all protective over Ruth. Maybe he could insist she stay at his place for her own safety...

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 22-11-2009 02:50 PM

I love it in 6.8 when he turns on the sprinklers. Oh and "Not at all, I'm enjoying myself." I honestly think Harry and Ros have quite a lot in common.

Yeah, let's meet up in the Harry and Ruth forever thread and talk about them bunking in together with his security detail outside.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 22-11-2009 02:53 PM

They do - Harry and Ros have similar backgrounds as in they have family problems, and they've both lost someone they loved (although Harry has got Ruth back again Wink) and a similar sense of loyalty and humour.