Spooks Forum
[Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce (/thread-209.html)

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 13-12-2009 01:01 PM

Yeah, Christmas will be hard for hard for her I think.

Harry needs to get better at presents if he wants to get and keep her.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 13-12-2009 01:19 PM

LOL, very true JHyde

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Silktie - 14-12-2009 04:31 PM

In 8.7, Harry seems to be worrying that the job is costing him his humanity. When he talks to Ruth about her concerns that they are using the kid, he says to her that they need her there to remind them that they are working with humans, not objects, and that he specifically needed her to remind him of that. Then later, when he decides that they can't extract Dhillon and Ashok since they don't know what the second target is, he tries very hard to explain the reasons behind his decision to Ruth. It is only when she tells him that it is the right call that he begins to look at ease with his decision. He wouldn't have done that in previous seasons.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 14-12-2009 04:32 PM

A man worried he is close to the brink?

I don't think Harry is second guessing his decisions, but I think he is finding them harder to live with. Which is what Ros reminds Coleville (in 8.6) is the most important part of it all, making a decision you can live with.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Tea Lady - 14-12-2009 04:40 PM

Good comments Silktie. I actually thought when Harry was speaking to Ruth about that, he sounded like a robot. Like he didnt really like what he was saying, but had to say it, and explain his reasons. He is not looking at ease.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Silktie - 14-12-2009 04:41 PM

Exactly, he's finding it harder to live with the terrible decisions he sometimes has to make. Maybe that's why he's been so lenient with Lucas?

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - lwhite53 - 14-12-2009 04:41 PM

Yeah, I agree (the part about finding his decisions harder to live with). Ros said this in an earlier ep, too -- to Nina, in 8.3.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 14-12-2009 04:43 PM

I'll say it again - I honestly find Ros' rhetoric of the last two seasons more like Harry than any other character on the show.

In 8.6 especially, I could honestly imagine those final remarks to Coleville being made by Harry, maybe with slightly different language.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Tea Lady - 14-12-2009 04:59 PM

(14-12-2009 04:43 PM)JHyde Wrote:  I'll say it again - I honestly find Ros' rhetoric of the last two seasons more like Harry than any other character on the show.

In 8.6 especially, I could honestly imagine those final remarks to Coleville being made by Harry, maybe with slightly different language.

Good point about her being like Harry. She certainly is not like Adam although she does have the same danger seeking attribute that Adam had. I am not sure Harry has a danger seeking attribute. Then again he is not a field officer.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - lwhite53 - 14-12-2009 04:59 PM

(14-12-2009 04:41 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Exactly, he's finding it harder to live with the terrible decisions he sometimes has to make. Maybe that's why he's been so lenient with Lucas?

Could be. Something would need to explain his lack of action re Lucas. It's like H's suddenly a different person where L is concerned. Again in 8.7, L did something H specifically told him not to do, but no consequences. Although, in this instance, I think H agreed with L going into the school, actually.