Spooks Forum
[Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce (/thread-209.html)

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Beatriz - 14-12-2009 05:18 PM

I agree with Harry's finding his decisions harder, but I think Ruth's return has something to do with it. Harry's being more emotional. I think he wants to be a better person when she's around (I'm not saying he's not a good person without Ruth), well this has been discussed before - Ruthless Harry.

And another reason could be that he's a bit tired of taking those decisions which imply people dying.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 14-12-2009 05:21 PM

I agree - he is finding the consequences of his actions harder. Maybe it's because the death toll is cranking up, maybe because of Ruth, I don't know.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - spooksaddict - 14-12-2009 08:38 PM

I think Ruth is Harry's conscience. We see a different Harry with Ruth to what he was after Ruth left. More in tune with his gentler side apart from when Adam was killed.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 14-12-2009 08:42 PM

A fine choice for your first post - welcome!

I don't know if Ruth is exactly Harry's conscience, but there's been a lot of recent discussion on this thread about how she softens him.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 14-12-2009 08:43 PM

JHyde, you've stopped plugging the thread! Wink

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 14-12-2009 08:45 PM

No, only on hello threads.

The Harry thread is special.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 14-12-2009 08:45 PM

Don't we all know that! (But maybe not quite as special as the Harry/Ruth thread Tongue)

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - lwhite53 - 14-12-2009 08:49 PM

(14-12-2009 05:21 PM)almh Wrote:  I agree - he is finding the consequences of his actions harder. Maybe it's because the death toll is cranking up, maybe because of Ruth, I don't know.

I'm not sure we're meant to know yet. The "softer" Harry may play into a future ep
Spoiler: show
like 8.8 re Ros, for instance.

Thanks for the +rep, JHyde.Big Grin Just noticed it.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 14-12-2009 08:50 PM

I used "softer" for being a lack of a better word.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - lwhite53 - 14-12-2009 08:53 PM

(14-12-2009 08:45 PM)almh Wrote:  Don't we all know that! (But maybe not quite as special as the Harry/Ruth thread Tongue)

Agreed.Big GrinBig Grin Why don't we have a Ruth thread?