Spooks Forum
[Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce (/thread-209.html)

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Moonlight - 22-12-2009 01:48 PM

(22-12-2009 12:22 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  
(22-12-2009 10:54 AM)Silktie Wrote:  How about Trivial Pursuit? I imagine he and Ruth could have some fierce contests.

I think trivial is their thing!! I remember Harry, again in 4.09, watching a tv contest and answering all the questions correctly and being annoyed by the contestant, he changed the channel because Harry thought he was utterly foolish Tongue

I was quite surprised he got that Kevin Costener question right; and I love the way that afterwards, he's petting Scarlet and saying "you would have known it was Kevin Costener wouldnt you" to her Tongue

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 22-12-2009 01:52 PM

It WASN'T Kevin Costner, that was the whole point! It was Henry Fonda playing Wyatt Earp.

They'd smash the Trivial Pursuit game easily. Although they might flunk some of the popular culture questions.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - lwhite53 - 22-12-2009 08:05 PM

(22-12-2009 10:23 AM)JHyde Wrote:  That's what started this.....I was picturing Harry more as a chess player and Ruth would be like me, a scrabble girl. I can see Harry being a serious card shark in college though, maybe to make some cash Smile He has a good poker face.

YES, Harry as a poker player, not for the money but just for the challenge of seeing if he could read the other players well enough to beat them. Would be good training for an MI5 agent.Wink

Chess might be in the running because of the need to plan strategy many moves into the future, although I think it would be a bit slow for Harry.

Race car driving (as an amateur of course) -- that would get the blood flowing, the endorphins popping (or whatever they do) and has the element of danger that I think would appeal to H.Smile

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 22-12-2009 08:06 PM

And he would have a good poker face.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - lwhite53 - 22-12-2009 08:12 PM

And he wouldn't even need to wear sunglasses like most poker players -- just use that death stare of his. LOL

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Silktie - 22-12-2009 08:13 PM

Forgot to mention that he loves cricket, so watching live matches would be on his list of hobbies. I'll keep an eye out for him since England is currently touring over here.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Moonlight - 22-12-2009 11:43 PM

(22-12-2009 01:52 PM)JHyde Wrote:  It WASN'T Kevin Costner, that was the whole point! It was Henry Fonda playing Wyatt Earp.

They'd smash the Trivial Pursuit game easily. Although they might flunk some of the popular culture questions.

oh bugger... knew I should have watched that again.. still ; you get my point... Tongue

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 24-12-2009 03:22 PM

Something I've been meaning to mention about Harry for a while is that he IS a bit quick to jump to conclusions. Which is why I so enjoyed Ruth calling him out in 8.8.

And he so enjoyed it, I think he might just start baiting her a bit. Seriously, I don't think he's looked that happy since....well, since 5.3.

I want Harry to have a bit of happiness and a cuddle. He's like Hellboy, he just needs a hug.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Silktie - 24-12-2009 05:16 PM

Truer words have seldom been spoken...Tongue

Yes, Harry is very much a follow-the-evidence man, who forgets to take into account that some thing may really just be a coincidence. I think it might have something to do with the fact that in his job you can't take chances - if it looks and sounds like a threat it probably is a threat. You can't sit around and do nothing on the off chance that it is just a coincidence.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 24-12-2009 07:42 PM

Good point. I think it's right as well to exercise caution, that things can be coincidences, but it's safer normally to assume that they aren't. That's why I think Ruth being near him is good, because she will tell him if he is connecting things that are just coincidences.