Spooks Forum
[Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce (/thread-209.html)

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Beatriz - 25-12-2009 10:00 AM

They're a good team Smile And yes, I also think Harry is a happier person, and not being so for a long time Smile

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 25-12-2009 10:03 AM

True, true (I think the HR shippers have slipped under the radar and managed to sneak their way onto the SHP thread Tongue No thread is safe from us, hehe...)

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Beatriz - 25-12-2009 10:14 AM

Definitely, no thread is safe lol Harry is part of HR so, we don't have any choice Wink

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 25-12-2009 10:16 AM

:shrugs: Wink And you make it sound like such a bad thing...

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Beatriz - 25-12-2009 10:50 AM

Just joking Tongue That can't be bad!!

It was great to see Harry out of the Grid again, and it was like he couldn't stand being in the Grid and he went to the action scenario Big Grin

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 25-12-2009 10:52 AM

Harry turned into action man! lol. I don't think that he really enjoys being on the Grid, I think that he is most at home in the field...

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Silktie - 25-12-2009 02:33 PM

What did everyone else think about Harry's characterisation in season 8? I feel that after episode 1, he had very little to do. His basic role was to walk around looking concerned about the emotional state of his officers. We got very few of those Harry moments we used to get in previous seasons, where he cuts others down to size with a few choice words, be it members of his team or politicians. There were opportunities to do this with Lucas, but the writers let it pass unfortunately. Also there was very little contribution from him operation-wise, either in terms of physically doing something or having a bright idea to contribute.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Beatriz - 25-12-2009 07:51 PM

Good point Silktie, we didn't see much of Harry this series, only some interaction with the HS, and HR relationship... not much Sad In the operations nobody seemed to pay attention to him...

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 25-12-2009 08:10 PM

Awww, poor Harry Sad He's being ignored by the silly writers...

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 26-12-2009 03:34 AM

So funny - I was just coming onto the forum to ask that very question!

I think it was less about ignoring Harry than about him recovering from episode 1. Truthfully, the shadow of that episode lingered all season, so that it wasn't surprising that his best moments were when he was concerned for Ruth or Ros. I do think it was a missed opportunity with Lucas, but because most episodes were very hype heavy (hype is a writing term for exposition, I should explain) it sort of got lost.

Usually, we were just looking for H/R moments this season, or counting how many scotches he got through in an episode. The closest we got to Harry as Harry this season was that wonderful scene with the HS in episode 6.