Spooks Forum
[Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce (/thread-209.html)

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 30-12-2009 12:38 PM

They've done the 6 thing already. I'd like to see who replaced Juliet as head of the SIC, as Dalby as head of the JIC is such a wet noodle.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Tea Lady - 30-12-2009 03:47 PM

If the HS doesnt make it then I cant see Kudos bringing in another new actor to play the HS in series 9. Surely they will just not have a HS and bring back the JIC role or whatever Juliet was. Actually just bring back Juliet. Then again Silktie doesnt like the whole love triangle thing. Harry, Ruth, Juliet, back together again.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Silktie - 30-12-2009 04:08 PM

Actually I'd love to see Juliet back, but please God not in any romantic capacity! There is the teensy weensy problem though that she will be arrested for her role in Yalta if she came anywhere near England. So I can't see her getting her old job back.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 30-12-2009 06:17 PM

But technically Ruth shouldn't have been able to come back - maybe someone gets Juliet back in by persuading the HS to let her in.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Tea Lady - 30-12-2009 08:16 PM

Juliet could come back. What if she had some itelligence that Britain wanted or became a double agent? She could trade that for her old/new job. She must have been doing something in the spying world all these years she has been AWOL. She also probably has lots of friends still in high places. Also we dont actually know what Harry reported about Juliet and Yalta. She let him live and no harm was done to Ros so he may have just left her out of any report.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - lwhite53 - 30-12-2009 08:45 PM

(27-12-2009 03:24 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Anyway, I totally agree that the tears in the wind scene didnt quite fit which kind of worries me. It was a nice scene and I liked it better the 3rd and 4th time I watched it. I think it was JHyde that said, the editing probably didn't do it credit.

What I am worried about is, was this tears in the wind scene setting us up for Harry having a break down in series 9? If Ros and/or the HS do die, then there will be hell to pay professionally and emotionally for Harry for sure. The tears in the wind scene will then come in to play and people will say well Harry wasnt really coping before the/their death/s was he.....one to ponder

I've watched this twice now and that "tears in the wind scene" really bothers me. I'm thinking, as several of you have already said, that this is NOT in character for Harry. How many thousands of unknown people have been killed on his watch? To cry about potential victims is not something Harry Pearce would do. Also, the choppy editing leads me to believe that whatever the scene was really meant to be about was lost on the editing room floor.

What annoys me to no end is that the writer and director mucked up a perfect opportunity for a meaningful H/R scene (a la the earlier office scene). Give them some decent dialogue, please, and don't allow Harry to become unhinged in a totally unrealistic manner.Thcussing

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 30-12-2009 09:24 PM

Calm down lwhite53! We shall have our revenge (in the form of lots of HR fanfic of the perfect scene they missed, conversations about it, plots to steal the scripts of series 9 (which is so happening, regardless of whether or not the BBC confirm it) and put in loads of good HR scenes, and a party involving cookies that the writers/directors aren't invited to Tongue)

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Beatriz - 30-12-2009 09:36 PM

It's like they want to do what they did to Malcolm, to Harry... And it doesn't make much sense.

I agree with you...Tears in the wind scene... I don't get it in this episode... perhaps in another one Suicida

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Tea Lady - 31-12-2009 12:07 AM

So if the scene wasnt put in there to prepare us for an un-characteristic Harry breakdown (which most people think is unlikely) then it was just put in there to keep the H/R fans "happy." Was it one of those scenes apparently shot after filming had finished when someone noticed there were not many H/R scenes? What I also dont quite understand is the location of the shot. This was totally not the same location of the other Harry/Grid balcony scenes. I know this is the Harry thread but Ruth's hair also looked longer in this scene to me than her Grid scenes???

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 31-12-2009 12:38 AM

It's because everything was filmed out of sequence.

I didn't have an issue with Harry tearing up over the deaths of so many innocent people. It's not just about all those lives, it's the devastation of the death itself, and the impersonality of it all - really overwhelming. Sometimes even Harry can fall prey to that. So that wasn't what bothered me about this.

What bothered me was just how the scene was played out. And the line "it's just the wind Ruth" felt a little off to me, a little naff. They should have just left it with Ruth after "all men ARE brothers, Harry, it's why we cry etc." It was a deliberate hark back to 3.10 and the suffering of strangers, which Ben Richards also wrote.