Spooks Forum
[Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce (/thread-209.html)

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - lwhite53 - 31-12-2009 12:46 AM

(31-12-2009 12:07 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  So if the scene wasnt put in there to prepare us for an un-characteristic Harry breakdown (which most people think is unlikely) then it was just put in there to keep the H/R fans "happy." Was it one of those scenes apparently shot after filming had finished when someone noticed there were not many H/R scenes? What I also dont quite understand is the location of the shot. This was totally not the same location of the other Harry/Grid balcony scenes. I know this is the Harry thread but Ruth's hair also looked longer in this scene to me than her Grid scenes???

I really don't know what this scene was about, quite honestly. Maybe it was one of the "added" H/R scenes, but I couldn't figure any way it fit in. That's why I'm thinking most of it ended up on the cutting room floor. Whatever it was meant to be, it didn't work, imo.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 31-12-2009 12:52 AM

The office scene makes up for it.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - lwhite53 - 31-12-2009 12:54 AM

The office scene was excellent!!

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Tea Lady - 31-12-2009 01:03 AM

Yes, Mr Pearce can sure make a heart melt with his smile. I think he looked Ruth down then as well. She seemed a bit nervous at the end of that scene like it was getting too intense. She did herself give Harry a "look" in 8.7 and Harry also looked uncomfortable then.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Beatriz - 31-12-2009 09:32 AM

It's amazing what you can do with looks and smiles, much better than words when you have good actors Smile

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Nitrus - 31-12-2009 02:20 PM

Guys, this is not the HR thread.. this is just the H thread.. lol.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Beatriz - 31-12-2009 04:37 PM

Sorry Big Grin I can't help it, I can't think of Harry without Ruth and Ruth without Harry Tongue

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Silktie - 31-12-2009 08:26 PM

On a shallow note, there is a plus point to the roof scene - it shows off Harry's very lovely broad shoulders nicely when he's standing with his back to the camera with his hands in his pockets. Thud

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 31-12-2009 08:29 PM

Ok, back to Harry (we HR shippers will go back to our own thread now Tongue) But Harry is an important part of HR!

Anyway, back to just Harry. He did look quite good in that scene, but didn't he spend most of it with his back to the camera? I may be wrong, but it seemed that it was one of the few times when we saw Ruth more than Harry in a scene that they were both in.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Silktie - 31-12-2009 08:36 PM

I didn't mind at all, I happen to like the view from the back...