Spooks Forum
[Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce (/thread-209.html)

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Silktie - 01-01-2010 12:59 PM

Nah, just like Harry, we're more mature than that. We'll soon be back to discussing serious matters.

For instance, what impact might it have on Harry if the HS and Ros did die in that explosion? Will he feel guilty for not trusting the HS?

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Tea Lady - 01-01-2010 01:02 PM

The Lucas/Sarah thread will die off soon surely? I dont think I have looked at that thread at all, unless it was to gloat that she has passed over.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 01-01-2010 01:03 PM

Oh dear, is that what they're talking about in the Lucas/Sarah thread?

The HR thread is currently in the lead isn't it? If not :presses refresh button a couple of times: Wink

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 01-01-2010 01:06 PM

It is, HR is still there. I'm just comptetitive.

If he lives, I don't think the HS will find out what he has was just bollocks. And he wouldn't sack Harry (which I'm not convinced he can do on his own anyway). He just has the hots for Ros. Maybe they could just send her to talk to him sometimes by himself and that would keep him happy.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Tea Lady - 01-01-2010 01:15 PM

I dont think Harry will be able to cope. I think I have said on another thread that I think it will spell trouble for Harry emotionally and professionally. The service will not let the death of the HS go unanswered. The death of another officer will probably just go unnoticed but the death of the HS, there will be questions as to why Section-D didnt prevent it and also sent the HS in there against such a global force as Nightingale was. I think that was the main reason Harry went down to the hotel, he felt he had let the HS down and perhaps he had. Harry had too strong a feelings for Blake. He couldnt quite get over those feelings to let the new HS in.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Silktie - 01-01-2010 01:21 PM

I don't think they can blame Harry for the HS being in the hotel at the time of the bomb, though. It was the HS' job to be at the talks after all. And MI5 did try their best to save him, even going as far as sacrificing one of their own officers in the process.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 01-01-2010 01:26 PM

I agree. The HS wasn't just in that room to give the President the USB. And whether they were in the same room together or not, Nightingale would have done the same thing. This isn't something that *can* be laid at Harry's feet, let alone whether it should be.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Moonlight - 01-01-2010 01:31 PM

(01-01-2010 12:41 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  
(01-01-2010 12:27 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  This thread is turning into pure filth lol.

Feel free Nitrus to have a "boys" thread discussing a female member of section-D. We wont be offended. Zoe, Connie, whoever takes your fancy?

Interesting point... guys never seem to do that on forums.. even on the Tolkien forum I was on, where you had lots of women swooning over Aragorn, Legolas etc (even Gimli..slightly worrying...) there was never any equivalent swooning over Liv Tyler, Miranda Otto etc... strange.. maybe they are too shy lol

And agree that they wouldnt be able to put the HS death on Harry; after all he volunteered to use his personal connections to bring things around.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Silktie - 01-01-2010 01:33 PM

Yes. I was wondering more about the impact on Harry himself - will he be hard on himself for not trusting the HS, and thinking that if he had told the HS about Nightingale the HS might have realised sooner that the Americans were up to no good and could have warned the Pakistani President?

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 01-01-2010 01:36 PM

I think he would feel quite guilty for allowing his prejudices to block his (working) relationship with the new HS, and then also feel guilty because the HS got injured, and just generally feel guilty. This series definitely has taken its toll on Harry, as we said earlier.