Spooks Forum
[Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce (/thread-209.html)

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 02-01-2010 05:38 PM

It's the one with Khordat. He also had quite a few shouting moments in season 1.

But to be honest, I find him really scary when he does that lethal, menacing sotto voce.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Tea Lady - 02-01-2010 05:50 PM

He is scary but there is also something about his scary face he does, you know the stabbing Mace face. He also did that face after he kicked the laptop. You wouldnt mess with him, not now, not 20 years ago.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - lwhite53 - 02-01-2010 05:52 PM

Yeah, I think Harry would be significantly more dangerous when his voice gets low and menacing. At least if/when he screams and rants. he's getting it out. Quiet and deadly calm is a much more terrifying prospect, especially if he's seething underneath it.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Silktie - 02-01-2010 05:53 PM

Me too! But I tend to think that if he really loses his cool he will shout. See for instance in 4.9 when he gets really angry at the CIA for all the extradition requests and first shouts at Juliet about having to help the CIA, and then swiping the files off the table when Ruth brings in more requests.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 02-01-2010 05:57 PM

I love that scene when he says: "What?" and then, and I always say it with him, "Juliet." It cracks me up every time. He and AC were really good together, because you bought that they had a history. Having said that, Juliet is meant to be a couple of years older than Harry, and AC is about 8-10 years younger than him.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Tea Lady - 02-01-2010 05:57 PM

Oh that scene in 4.9 is one of the best. I can watch that over and over again. He looks like he is really going to blow! Poor old Ruth walks right into it and sort of just ignores him and quickly makes an exit. I could see though that having Juliet breathing down your neck from above would wind you up.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Silktie - 02-01-2010 06:05 PM

Yes, they played off each other well. The scene that cracks me up is in 4.2 when Juliet says something and Adam realises that they had had an affair. Juliet snarkily comments about Harry not telling Adam about this, and Adam says that Harry did mention something about a lapse in judgement. Harry's reaction to that is so funny, he gives this look and nod as if saying: "You said it, brother."

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 02-01-2010 06:06 PM

And in 5.1/2 when Harry's flicking through the paper talking about page 3 girls and AC is trying not to laugh.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - almh - 02-01-2010 07:37 PM

Oh, that is funny!

I think most of the time poor Harry had a friendly/hate relationship (would say love/hate but I think it left the love stage quite a while ago Tongue)

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - lwhite53 - 02-01-2010 07:44 PM

There is something to be said for the kind of relationships that can pick up from where they left off, even if it's years later -- there is a level of contentment in familiarity. I think that's why H was so flabbergasted and then angry that Juilet was involved in Yalta -- he saw it as a betrayal of both her country and his trust in her. And I'm not sure which would have wounded him more.