Spooks Forum
[Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce (/thread-209.html)

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Silktie - 25-01-2010 04:33 PM

Yes, I agree with the above. A poor choice or indecision does not necessarily equate to cowardice.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 25-01-2010 04:37 PM

From my memory of how it is recounted in Hary's Diary, he froze but did the wisest thing in such a situation whether he had a gun or not. He tried to follow them but I think they had other cars and he lost them.

Remember also that Harry's job relied on anonymity. Had his cover been blown, they would both have been killed very quickly.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - lwhite53 - 25-01-2010 04:46 PM

I think it's telling that Tessa's attempt to blackmail Harry is enabled by his own guilt about what happened to Bill Crombie -- he still hasn't forgiven himself for not having been clever enough to outwit the IRA, save Crombie and keep their op going. He knows, rationally, that no such solution existed but the emotional investment he still has in that long ago nightmare allows Tessa a way to get at him.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 25-01-2010 04:48 PM

Especially because there were mumblings both within his Section and the Service more broadly that he had stood idly by.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Tea Lady - 25-01-2010 04:51 PM

At the end of that scene with Tessa, Harry's eyes seem to me to be a bit glazed over. No excuse of there being wind this time though. Maybe this is why Harry never shys aways from difficult decisions now, because when he paused before, someone he cared about died.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - lwhite53 - 25-01-2010 07:16 PM

(25-01-2010 04:51 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  At the end of that scene with Tessa, Harry's eyes seem to me to be a bit glazed over. No excuse of there being wind this time though. Maybe this is why Harry never shys aways from difficult decisions now, because when he pasued before, someone he cared about died.

A good thought and most likely an accurate one, too.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Silktie - 26-01-2010 05:03 PM

(25-01-2010 04:51 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  At the end of that scene with Tessa, Harry's eyes seem to me to be a bit glazed over. No excuse of there being wind this time though. Maybe this is why Harry never shys aways from difficult decisions now, because when he paused before, someone he cared about died.

That's an astute observation, Tea Lady. I think you're right. It was just nice to see so much emotion from Harry, who normally hides it so well. It shows that he does care deeply for his friends, even if he doesn't always show it. I also think there's a nice parallel between this episode and 7.2, where he takes very direct revenge for Adam's death. He wanted to do the same here by killing McCann at the first opportunity. Methinks Mani can count his lucky stars that he's already dead after what he did to Ruth...

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - JHyde - 26-01-2010 05:18 PM

Yeah, I wonder how many little fantasies Harry has had about doing nasty, sadistic things to Mani.

I miss the Harry coat. You know, the grey one with black lapels? I would have loved it if he'd worn it in 7.8 with that guy in the tube station. The one he wore looked a little like it, but I miss the old one from seasons 3 and 4.

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - lwhite53 - 26-01-2010 07:39 PM

Yeah, I had noticed that coat was gone -- wonder what happened to it?

RE: [Spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Moonlight - 27-01-2010 12:46 PM

(26-01-2010 05:18 PM)JHyde Wrote:  I miss the Harry coat. You know, the grey one with black lapels? I would have loved it if he'd worn it in 7.8 with that guy in the tube station. The one he wore looked a little like it, but I miss the old one from seasons 3 and 4.

I know the one you mean.. I always think it makes him look too old, it's a very old fashioned style.. not that I would want him in a Ros style leather jacket, that would just be wrong!