Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Spooks Locations - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Spooks Locations (/thread-229.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Spooks Locations - Beatriz - 21-11-2009 07:32 PM

Great almh!!! Smile

RE: Spooks Locations - almh - 21-11-2009 07:33 PM

Sorry for nabbing your location Sad

RE: Spooks Locations - Beatriz - 21-11-2009 07:53 PM

Don't say that! It's your location Wink you found it, we can help each other and it's nice Smile Team work!!!

RE: Spooks Locations - almh - 21-11-2009 08:46 PM

Yay, we're all in this together! (Baaaaad High School Musical song.) lol

Another one from 8.4!

Spoiler: show
Ros talks to the FSB officer (called Boris) midway through the episode, about 20 minutes in, on a small footpath which goes between City Road and Bunhill Road. Sadly I can't match the photos up, but I'm fairly certain it's the right place as there's a sign for a company (ADT) in the picture, and they're walking through a cemetery, so type those two things into googlemaps and this is the only location.

[attachment=51]

And another one from 8.4 (I'm on a role!!! Kudos, if you're reading this thread, I do love it when you can put shop names, road names, famous places, etc on screen. It makes this so much easier Big Grin)

Lucas goes to the art gallery, the big white place, and it's in Mason's yard, London. (They had a shop name clearly displayed as he walked away, and they only have one branch! And website with their location! [Image: AnimatedDancingSanta.gif]

And another one! (Whoever directed 8.4, I love you, ok? lol)
Lucas walks into the Waterstones on Jermyn street just after the art gallery, and it is actually in the same area. Lucas could have really have gone very easily from one to the other - the writers have managed locations canon! lol. Sadly no photos again, or dancing santa... Wink And it is definitely the right place as a) the 'Waterstones' shown on tv is the same as the shop there (which is a Waterstones Big Grin) and also in the background there's a sign for a hotel and, after a bit of googlemaps searching I've worked out it's the 22 Jermyn Street hotel. So it's right.

RE: Spooks Locations - JHyde - 22-11-2009 02:23 AM

That Greenwich location was really lovely.

RE: Spooks Locations - Beatriz - 22-11-2009 12:43 PM

I think we got all the episode 8.4 locations, don't we? Smile (As I said before, this has become a small obsession of mine, and every time they are outoors I try to find out where they are, any little hint to search it afterwards Wink)
If we continue like this, we will have to spend a week doing the location tour Cool Big Grin

It was a nice one, yes, they both usually talk with the river Thames as backround Smile

RE: Spooks Locations - almh - 22-11-2009 12:51 PM

Big Grin It will take a long time to go to all the locations but, then again, it is Spooks...

We haven't got them all. The locations we haven't got are:

1) Where Lucas meets the Russian guy.
[attachment=52]

2) Where Lucas is having coffee with Christine 2.0
[attachment=53]

3) We sort of have this one, but the road between the Waterstones and Piccadily where Lucas is walking. We know where it is (presuming, like the other shots in that sequence, it's in location canon,) just need an exact location.

I love the word location canon Big Grin

RE: Spooks Locations - Beatriz - 22-11-2009 06:49 PM

I was being too enthusiastic Blush

RE: Spooks Locations - almh - 22-11-2009 07:12 PM

Doesn't matter Smile I think we're all a little too enthusiastic on this thread... Wink

I forgot one of the 8.4 ones Blush It's
when Ros is walking around the square mile, she walks through Finsbury Square (Once again thank you Episode 4 director for actually putting the place name on screen Big Grin Much appreciated.)

I'm giving up on 8.4 for a bit, and I'm going back to 8.3. Asides from the mansion Nitrus asked us to look for (looks impossible, but I'll give it a go...) another location to look for is (I'll put other locations up later - just watching it atm):

Where the Gevitsky person lives, the one whose niece is one of the group. Looks just about as easy as the mansion, maybe slightly easier as we see more of the front. Then again, NO STREET NAMES OR ANY IDENTIFYING SIGNS. Angry I'm not so keen on the 8.3 director, lol.
[attachment=54]

And here is the one I've found:

The home secretary in his car at about 11 minutes in, he goes along Abingdon Road, rather conveniently past the giant door of the house of Parliament Big Grin Strangely, I've worked out that he came from the direction of Thames House - surely he can't have just been there? If he did a u-turn there it would take him about 5 minutes to get to Thames House. Very strange.

[attachment=55]
[attachment=54]

RE: Spooks Locations - bertowud - 23-11-2009 03:41 PM

There's nothing wrong with some enthusiasm. I think it would be pretty neat to have something like a tour map of Spooks locations.