Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Spooks Locations - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Spooks Locations (/thread-229.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Spooks Locations - Beatriz - 26-12-2009 11:11 AM

(26-12-2009 10:11 AM)JHyde Wrote:  
Spoiler: show
Was that the Regent Hotel in 8.8? It looked so amazing when they "blew it up" at the end.

I don't think so, The Regent Hotel
is where Christine 2.0 room is (I haven't checked that but they say so), and it's different from the one it explodes, the first one is white and the latter is redish.

It has to be a hotel in front of the O2 arena, I'm searching for one...

RE: Spooks Locations - almh - 26-12-2009 11:59 AM

7.3 25:26 Bermondsey Tube
Jo following Fox 1...

Also in 7.3, 26:28,
Harry goes to visit his friend, or maybe not quite so friendly friend if 7.7 is anything to go by, Bernard Qualtrough, and Qualtrough's shop is in Blackheath, so Harry walks into the Bookshop on the Heath, 74 Tranquil Vale, Blackheath, from about 33 Tranquil Vale.
I love shop names FYI, I really do (hint hint Kudos Tongue)

RE: Spooks Locations - Beatriz - 26-12-2009 12:23 PM

Well done almh!!!

The hotel in 8.08 is Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf.
[Image: 8085748Hotelexplodes.jpg]

RE: Spooks Locations - almh - 26-12-2009 12:28 PM

Nice picture Big Grin

RE: Spooks Locations - almh - 27-12-2009 09:06 AM

7.4, 1:10 was filmed at Liverpool Street Station (Didn't see a sign anywhere Angry but they showed train stops so I worked from that...)
7.4 - 11:36 - Waterloo Bridge
It's Lucas's car (I think,) driving

RE: Spooks Locations - carole9908 - 27-12-2009 12:23 PM

Yes that is indeed the Radisson Edwardian Hotel. Nice shot. The building to the right of it is my office. Sadly I've never spotted any of the cast there filming. If you want to visit the Hotel, it is easiest to get to from East India DLR station (even though Blackwall looks closest on the map). I sometimes spot my office in the background of shots on Spooks, I think they quite often use waste ground further east on the banks of the Thames. I get very excited whenever I see it, sad isn't it?

If any of you are also into the Bourne movies, my office building was labelled the CIA London Sub-Station in The Bourne Ultimatum & is also visible in one of the Bond movies. Always something to do with spies... hmmm...

RE: Spooks Locations - almh - 27-12-2009 12:29 PM

Oooh, maybe you're spies Tongue Maybe we'll have to hang out outside your office when Spooks filming has been confirmed Tongue That way we should at least see a camera crew nearby!

RE: Spooks Locations - carole9908 - 27-12-2009 12:38 PM

Well, some films have used my company's name as a cover job for spies before! It's a well-known news agency.

Last time we saw them filming down there, we were told it was for The Hustle. Although, now I come to think of it,
there was an ambulance there,
so it could have been 8.8 they were filming. I'd love to see them filming Spooks, but I'm only going to be working there for 3 more months unfortunately. :-(

I'm going to have to go through the dvds, because I'm pretty certain they have also used the Radisson as Ros's flat before. Or it might have been New Providence Wharf, next door, as the Radisson hasn't been there long. Will check & let you know.
Oh blimey, now you've got me hooked. I probably should have joined this thread a long time ago, as I could have saved you a bit of time as I do recognize places occasionally when I'm watching.

Do you remember the barge Thames I that Ruth sailed away on in series 5? I have often seen that sail past my office too.

RE: Spooks Locations - almh - 27-12-2009 06:43 PM

Thud How much filming do you see?!?! Tongue

RE: Spooks Locations - carole9908 - 27-12-2009 07:08 PM

Not much really. I work on the 7th floor of our building. My main vantage point is from the lifts area, which is in a separate tower from the main floor. If they are on the river side of the hotel, we can see what is going on down below, but I can't exactly stand there all day watching (more's the pity). Word usually gets around when something is going on, though. If I see anything, I'll know where to post the info now..

Is there a list of locations that people want identified? I can take a gander & see if I recognise anything.