Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Spooks Locations - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Spooks Locations (/thread-229.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Spooks Locations - almh - 29-12-2009 12:33 PM

Amazon definitely has it - buy it off Spooks forum amazon! I doubt many bookshops will have it though...

RE: Spooks Locations - Beatriz - 29-12-2009 12:49 PM

You can go to the shop link on the top of the page, yes.

Ruth's place is my next challenge, if somebody wants to help is very welcome; perhaps there're clues in the episode audio commentaries...

RE: Spooks Locations - JHyde - 29-12-2009 12:52 PM

If you're going to buy it, please buy it from the Spooks shop, it helps the forum funds wise.

I don't have commentaries on any episode involving Ruth's place, which is really disappointing. I hope we find it, but as someone has already pointed out (I'm sorry, I can't remember who) there are so many places that look like that in London.

RE: Spooks Locations - almh - 29-12-2009 12:55 PM

I do have all the commentaries released, I think. Any ideas which episodes to look? 4.10 and the Book are all I can think of (sorry, can't remember what episode it is, can only remember the name...)

RE: Spooks Locations - JHyde - 29-12-2009 12:57 PM

Also 5.5, if you guys have one for that. I'm rewatching season 2 at the moment, and I will watch commentaries for those locations too.

OK, anyone found anything cool to add?

RE: Spooks Locations - Tea Lady - 29-12-2009 03:15 PM

Its not on the location list but do we know the name of the building where
Spoiler: show
Sarah chucked Walker over the balcony? I thought I remember someone saying something on another thread about this building .
Anway, I have just mentioned this on another thread but in Day of the Triffids last night Genevieve O'Reilly was back in the same building. The white tower within a building, going up in the lift to the top. It was very spooky. The programme makers were trying to make it out to be the inside of the Gherkin/Swiss Re building, but I am 99% sure that this is not the inside of the Gherkin building, from the views and the distinctive shape of the windows. I have so far been unsuccessful in trying to find this tower. It must be in London, be a new build, and very tall in height. Why cant I find it??

RE: Spooks Locations - JHyde - 29-12-2009 03:16 PM

That was an awesome location for that shot.

RE: Spooks Locations - Tea Lady - 29-12-2009 03:33 PM

I have found the location of the helipad in episode 8.8. It is the old International Press Centre at 76 Shoe Lane, EC4A 3JB. You can tell from the position of the Tate Modern and St Pauls. The most bizarre thing about this is that I went for a job interview in that building 12 months ago. I also know some people in that building and they have no idea there is a disused helipad on the roof.
[attachment=106]

I am struggling with two other locations. The tears on the wind balcony is the first. I thought this was across the Thames first of all, but they are standing too near the Gherkin building and Lloyds so must be actually in the City itself. I will keep on going with this. The second is the one I think we all have had a go at, the Davy King pub in 6.9. The only hints are a sign saying "Lodge Bar" and Chapter Rooms this way, and a pair of old leather football boots on the wall with blue rosettes. I was thinking therefore that the pub could be around Millwall FC as that is near where the old biscuit factory is. I cant find internal pictures of some of these pubs around there though. This location may defeat us all.

RE: Spooks Locations - carole9908 - 29-12-2009 03:43 PM

My husband reviews pubs & knows hundreds in London. I'll see if he recognizes it.

RE: Spooks Locations - JHyde - 29-12-2009 04:57 PM

Beatriz was looking for that pub for me a month or so back. I really want to know where that pub is, because I suggested that any locations tour should end there Smile