Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Spooks Locations - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Spooks Locations (/thread-229.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations - JHyde - 14-01-2010 09:18 AM

Now all we have to do is find Ruth's place.

RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations - Tea Lady - 14-01-2010 09:32 AM

(13-01-2010 08:30 PM)carole9908 Wrote:  Hubby knows the pub - I mentioned the name & he said "Yes, that's the pub the Football Association was formed in". He's only been there once, so I think I can convince him to pay a return visit once the weather improves.

I just looked at the website - it mentions function rooms, plural, which is on the right lines. If only it mentioned what they are called...
I've had a closer look at that scene. The mirror definitely says Shepherd Neame & Co Brewers Faversham, so we definitely have the brewery pinned down.
I have found an internal picture from the Freemasons, but if it's the right pub, the picture has probably been taken from about the seat Davie was sitting at. The toilets sign is in similar writing to signs for the function rooms which we see Harry & Malcolm walk past, and there seem to be wooden partitioning which matches too.
We could be onto a winner here, well done, Tea Lady! Damn, I wish I could go there right now to check!

The curtains also look similar (grief, I really need to get a life with that comment!) I have a good feeling about this place.

JHyde - You make it sound so easy "all we have to do."

RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations - JHyde - 14-01-2010 09:42 AM

There is some slight sarcasm with me tonight, which is rare. I apologise.

RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations - Beatriz - 15-01-2010 07:27 PM

Not easy at all!! Confused

I've been listening to some audio commentaries to find out Ruth's house whereabouts, and in 4.05 ones, somebody mentions that her house is in Ealing!! I tried to locate it but I wasn't lucky.

In 5.05 (no audio commentary for this one Thcussing ) when Ros leaves Ruth's, the people following her say "She's heading Cherry Road", searched it, there's a street called Cherry close but I couldn't find the house in the surrounding area Sad (Perhaps I didn't searched properly...)

In 3.05, we can see the door while Malcolm goes into her house, it's number 28 (or 23, not sure, but I think it's 28 because the lamp doesn't let us see it properly... Here's the screen capture:
[Image: Ruthsfrontdoor305.jpg]

I did some screen captures of these episodes (3.05, 4.05 and 5.05), if you know there is more episodes where we can see Ruth's house let me know!!

Just in case you want to see the screen caps.

(I would have wanted to find Ruth's house for my 1000th post but no luck Sad I feel the need to mention Harry in this post too Tongue)

RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations - Tea Lady - 15-01-2010 09:42 PM

Congratulations Beatriz on your 1000th post. Glad you got Harry in there Smile

To be honest I have not started to look for Ruth's house yet so I will try and have a look at my dvd's tomorrow. My gut feeling though is that it may be around the same area that Harry's house is which is Lambeth, Kennington area. Its just that they seem to film in the same locations and that area seems to be quite popular with them. Her house is also quite old by the looks of it and from the size of her front door. I am no expert though. I guess it could also be around the Borough area of London.

As Tariq says "keep hope."

RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations - Beatriz - 15-01-2010 10:28 PM

Thanks Tea Lady, I have faith in your detective skills Wink

RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations - Tea Lady - 15-01-2010 11:04 PM

I have just reviewed the 3 episodes and you are right, there are no clues to go on at all apart from the address on the computer screen that Ros is looking at in 5.5. This says something like ****haven Terrace, W1. Cant see though that this address even in its part form exists. This is going to be tough. Huh

RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations - Beatriz - 16-01-2010 12:17 PM

Yes, but when the tracker moves that address stays the same... Sad

The only leads (please add more if you find them):
-Ealing
-the stained-glass door (which I tried to find in google, there are people who share photos of their stained-glass windows or door!)
-the number (23 or 28)
-it's a red brick house
-it has a black fence (I think it would be the easier thing to spot in the street view)
-the street has trees (the majority of streets in Ealing have them Sad as I could see...).
-there is a lamp post near her house (stupid one, I know...)

The shooting in 5.05 is very close and we can't see much, and what makes me more angry is that there are no audio commentaries for this one Angry Sad It would have been lovely to hear PF thoughts about Ruth leaving and of course Ruth's house location!!!)

Perhaps there are more episodes in which Ruth's house appears and we are missing them, but I can't remember more... I thought that when Ruth have dinner with Forrestal (3.07) they were in her house but they were in his.

RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations - Tea Lady - 16-01-2010 12:34 PM

What about 4.10 The Diana episode? Are they in Ruth's house then? I did have a look around the Lambeth area last night using Google Street View and I have to say that none of these streets looked like Ruth's street at all. Most dont even have trees. Ruth's street is also quite wide. Ruth lives in a proper residential area with all housing, very unlike London. Ruth's house also appears to have a front garden with a wooden type porch at the front. I will take a look at the Ealing area. It just seems a bit off the usual track for Spooks locations. I cant see them filming outside London for these shots of Ruth's house though.

RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations - Beatriz - 16-01-2010 12:58 PM

I've just checked and yes, it's Ruth's house.

I said Ealing because it's mentioned in the audio commentaries of 4.05, minute 12 of my DVD, they say it's in Ealing and somthing more (I can't understand it well enough...) I had a look at the area with Street View and some streets are similar to Ruth's but nothing...
I've created a map in Google maps (very geeky I know Confused) I draw a line in the streets I've checked, but there are too many!!