Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Spooks Locations - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Spooks Locations (/thread-229.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations - Tea Lady - 16-01-2010 01:00 PM

Ooh, I have just had a quick look at Ealing and it does look promising. The right types of houses and doorways. I will carry this on later. I have got to go and move 2 tonnes of wood now which has just been delivered into my front garden to my woodshed at the back. Me thinks I am in the 18th Century!

RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations - Tea Lady - 16-01-2010 07:45 PM

Beatriz, I have been looking at the area north-west of Ealing Broadway train station. I have been all over this particular area using street view. I am looking for the house opposite Ruth's which you can see behind Malcolm below. While there are many houses similar, like the College Road property below, I can not yet find one with the distinctive pattern above the windows and doors. This is what I am looking for. This would lead us to Ruth's house.

[attachment=132]
[attachment=133]

RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations - Beatriz - 16-01-2010 09:17 PM

Wow!! that's great!!! I haven't spotted that one! So north-west it is!!! Wink

RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations - Tea Lady - 17-01-2010 12:01 AM

(16-01-2010 09:17 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  Wow!! that's great!!! I haven't spotted that one! So north-west it is!!! Wink

Well I dont know. Clearly this house designer worked in this area. The archway over the door is quite a feature, although the house opposite Ruth's doesnt seem to have a pointy bit at the top of the arch. As I say, when I looked round the streets in this particular area I couldnt see a house with this weird design above the windows. There could be other areas of Ealing that this house designer worked. This could mean going street by street and hoping that this house has not changed its outside features.

RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations - Beatriz - 17-01-2010 10:04 AM

You're right, but at least we have another lead (I hadn't watched the episode in its whole when searching for Ruth's house and I hadn't noticed the opposite house).

I hope this one hasn't changed, though we'll always have Ruth's black fence... I haven't seen a similar one yet...

The lamppost wasn't so silly, I've noticed that not all the streets have the same type of lamposts, what's more some don't have any.

[attachment=134]

Still two heads are better than one Wink

It's a lot of work! but we're going to make it!!! Reckless optimism Wink

RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations - Tea Lady - 17-01-2010 02:43 PM

I hadnt noticed the lampost. That's a good spot. We will find it. Smile

RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations - almh - 17-01-2010 02:44 PM

That is quite a silly lamppost!!!

Good luck trying to find it Smile

RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations - Beatriz - 17-01-2010 10:30 PM

Oh God! Oh God!! I'm very hooked on this Tongue My heart skipped a beat whe I saw this house:

[attachment=135]

It's practically identical to the one opposite to Ruth's, you can check the street, it's Mount Park Crescent, number 18 give or take; but I don't think it's the one we are looking for because the house opposite (which would be Ruth's) don't have a porch nor a black fence. It has several stupid bushes that don't let see the door properly, but my guess is that it isn't. (What's more there's no lampost nearby Wink).

RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations - Tea Lady - 17-01-2010 11:28 PM

OMG Beatriz, I thought you had found it then. At least we know we are in the same ball park though. Clearly it's in this area somewhere. It does seem though that this type of house is not on every street but is spread around the Ealing area which is going to make it difficult. Its here somewhere though, hiding, the little monkey! I have just done an hours searching and will resume again tomorrow after some insurance work has taken place!

RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations - Beatriz - 18-01-2010 12:01 PM

Sorry about that. I thought I found it too when I first saw it, I only wanted a second opinion, but I'm pretty sure it isn't.