Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth (/thread-269.html)

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth - almh - 08-12-2009 07:43 AM

Hopefully... I just rewatched it and it looks like she's smiling but quite faintly, but as soon as Tariq speaks it goes. So I'm taking it to mean that she did actually want to get a drink with Harry, and is annoyed that work has got in the way... again.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth - Tea Lady - 08-12-2009 05:52 PM

(08-12-2009 06:04 AM)Silktie Wrote:  Yeah, I thought she was really nervous about asking him out. You can see her swallow after saying his name really nervously. She then gave him a really tender look as he walked towards her, so I didn't get the impression that she was asking him out only to finally dump him for good. Hopefully Harry's wounded look has to do with
Spoiler: show
this bit I read in a review - that Ruth apparently has a hard time coping with civilians in danger or being killed, and Harry almost saying something tender to her because of it. Thus the look because he can't hug her or make her feel better while they're at work and surrounded by people.

I read your thoughts in the spoiler tags Silktie
Spoiler: show
and I guess even if Ruth does have a bit of a wobbley in episode 7, perhaps having flash backs to George being Killed, she has displayed her feelings towards Harry by asking him out. So even if Ruth takes it out on poor Harry, he will know that she doesnt mean it. They and their relationship has moved on from what happened in episode 1
Good grief, I am reading a lot in to Harry's 1 second "wounded" look for episode 7! Perhaps someone just told him the coffee's off instead!!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth - Beatriz - 09-12-2009 05:10 PM

I think she's just frowning because of the events (and she was thinking, have I said that aloud?) but when he finally replies she smiles.
I like how Harry reacted to that question, as he didn't mind at all, but surely inside he was thinking "At laaast" Tongue

I think Ruth has left all her fears back and is ready to move on. yay!!! Smile

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth - lwhite53 - 09-12-2009 08:52 PM

I rewatched that scene a couple of times and H is absolutely frozen in place when R asks him out for a drink. Though you don't get a full on shot of his face, there is enough of it to see that he doesn't move even a muscle. Don't know that I've ever seen H this nonplussed before. It's actually quite funny!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth - almh - 09-12-2009 09:18 PM

Aww, leave Harry alone! Smile

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth - lwhite53 - 09-12-2009 10:30 PM

(09-12-2009 09:18 PM)almh Wrote:  Aww, leave Harry alone! Smile

Relax, I'm not picking on him.Rolleyes But when have you ever seen anyone render Harry speechless? I'm not sure Ruth even realizes how much of an effect she has on him.Wink

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth - Beatriz - 09-12-2009 10:33 PM

He didn't see that coming!! Poor Harry Wink

I've just rewatched the scene, and Ruth's clothes match Harry's tie Wink Heart

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth - Nitrus - 09-12-2009 10:35 PM

I think the moment when she asked him, not only did Ruth shock herself by asking, she also shocked Harry by asking, and the actual notion of it happening shocked him too.

I don't blame him being frozen lol.

Oh, and stop blaming Tariq!! He's only doing his job.. you'd feel differently if he had to interrupt them to save the country!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth - lwhite53 - 09-12-2009 10:39 PM

(09-12-2009 10:35 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  Oh, and stop blaming Tariq!! He's only doing his job.. you'd feel differently if he had to interrupt them to save the country!

No, I don't think I would!!Angel

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth - Nitrus - 09-12-2009 10:43 PM

So if it's a choice between HR getting together and the safety of the country? You WOULDN'T pick the latter?