Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth (/thread-269.html)

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth - Silktie - 28-12-2009 12:21 PM

Well, he doesn't need to take Ruth along to the cricket, the tickets could be for him and a friend...

But you're probably right about Harry seeing some activities as male bonding opportunities - can't picture him taking Ruth to the dogtrack for instance.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth - almh - 28-12-2009 12:22 PM

I can't imagine Ruth saying yes to going either... a dog track, who goes to a dog track on a date?

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth - Beatriz - 28-12-2009 12:24 PM

Not a good idea for a date, no. I can imagine Ruth's face Tongue

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth - almh - 28-12-2009 12:26 PM

A similar reaction to when he said chocolates as a present for Fiona? Tongue

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth - JHyde - 28-12-2009 12:31 PM

I don't think Harry has any friends to take to the cricket. Maybe Lucas?!

Damn it, I want them together now! The world's a bad enough place.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth - Silktie - 28-12-2009 12:50 PM

Do you think they'd like the same movies though? Can't somehow picture Harry going with Ruth to see the latest rom-com. They'll probably only be able to agree on the golden oldies, like Charlie Chaplin movies. Tongue

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth - Moonlight - 28-12-2009 12:58 PM

I always thought that Ruth would love the ballet, but can't see Harry sitting through that... he'd be mumbling "men in tights" all the way through...

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth - JHyde - 28-12-2009 01:46 PM

I think there are some they'd both like. I can see them both liking Hitchcock and possibly some period pieces as well. But I think they're more likely to have problems watching the movie itself - Harry probably talks through movies, and Ruth wouldn't, so that might drive her a bit mad. I know lots of great couples who have this trouble.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth - Kirayuki - 28-12-2009 01:56 PM

I see it a bit like that too. (Especially after seeing Harry speaking to the telly during that quiz show. Tongue)
I think they'd be best off going to see a piece of traditional theatre to be honest.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth - Silktie - 29-12-2009 06:05 PM

(28-12-2009 12:31 PM)JHyde Wrote:  I don't think Harry has any friends to take to the cricket. Maybe Lucas?!

Damn it, I want them together now! The world's a bad enough place.

Who, Harry & Lucas? Big Grin

Well, apparently the characters do have time to have a life off-screen, as Ruth has time to sing in a choir and everything. So maybe Harry does have friends that we just never got to see.

Harry can always go and listen to Ruth's choir sing and take her for hot chocolate afterwards. I'm sure she'll appreciate that.