Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth (/thread-269.html)

RE: Harry and Ruth - JHyde - 12-11-2009 06:32 AM

I've often wondered what would happen if they were in a a lockdown when an emergency happened. No-one could alert them to what was happening in the outside world! Maybe the terrorists should get section D in a lockdown and then they could rule Britannia. I know there are other sections in MI5 but after Torchwood day 4......

I want Harry and Ruth to get it together. It'd be nice to see them happy while they still have hair and teeth.

RE: Harry and Ruth - almh - 12-11-2009 06:48 AM

(12-11-2009 06:03 AM)Silktie Wrote:  I think the rest of the team might engineer a lockdown for Harry and Ruth at some stage, because they could no longer cope with Harry moping around without his Ruth... Tongue

Tongue Definitely.

Actually, that is a worrying idea. I know that there are other sections... but the Spooks other sections seem to be quite incompetent... Actually what do the other sections do? I know GCHQ collect the info, but the rest of the section's work seem to be done by Section D. No wonder Ruth always used to stay late!

RE: Harry and Ruth - Beatriz - 12-11-2009 08:57 AM

I love the idea of the lockdown!! hahaha

Both of them work late, I can't say the same for the others, so one night...(I would say 8.08) Heart

RE: Harry and Ruth - Tea Lady - 12-11-2009 10:30 AM

Yes a lockdown would be good. I am sure Harry could arrange one to coincide with Ruth working late. To be honest though at this stage I would just like to see someone (ie Ruth) show Harry some affection. He has had a rough two years personally and really needs someone to care about him whether thats a cuddle or a hand on the shoulder or stroke of the face.

Harry just needs to squeeze those words out of his mouth "Ruth, I love you." He got as far as the word "Ruth" in 5.4 and 5.5 and I think he was going to say it in 8.1 but Ruth interupted him. At this rate it will take him to series 12 to say the whole blinking thing !

RE: Harry and Ruth - Beatriz - 12-11-2009 01:17 PM

I think they now need time (more Ruth than Harry) or better Ruth needs time, to settle down and get used to the old new life...
I reckon Harry should wait to pronounce those long-awaited words, he needs patience with her now, she's just lost her no-husband , and her feelings must be messy.

RE: Harry and Ruth - lwhite53 - 12-11-2009 02:14 PM

When the boss is happy, everyone's happy!

RE: Harry and Ruth - dsp01 - 12-11-2009 02:19 PM

Here is how addicting Harry and Ruth are getting to me. For some strange reason, my sound is not working on my computer and techie hubby won't be home until 5 p.m. and it's now 9:17 a.m.! I am literally watching Harry and Ruth episodes (thanks to info from this site) and watching them in silence. Honestly, I know I am missing out on very intelligent dialogue that only the Spooks writers do best but Harry's expressions towards Ruth need absolutely no words at all. Sigh....counting down until 5 p.m. when I can get hubby to figure out and fix for sound.

RE: Harry and Ruth - almh - 12-11-2009 04:59 PM

Awww, poor you! No sound! But at least you can still watch them and admire their amazing acting Wink

Ruth does need a bit of time to readjust, I agree, and it's not going to be something that just happens over one episode. I think it's going to be later in
Spoiler: show
series 8, perhaps the last couple of episodes where anything happens.

RE: Harry and Ruth - Silktie - 12-11-2009 06:10 PM

(12-11-2009 10:30 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Yes a lockdown would be good. I am sure Harry could arrange one to coincide with Ruth working late. To be honest though at this stage I would just like to see someone (ie Ruth) show Harry some affection. He has had a rough two years personally and really needs someone to care about him whether thats a cuddle or a hand on the shoulder or stroke of the face.

You're right, the poor man has had a rough time of it. At least we know Scarlet loves him, and is giving him some cuddles - or at least soppy kisses. Tongue

RE: Harry and Ruth - almh - 12-11-2009 06:11 PM

(12-11-2009 06:10 PM)Silktie Wrote:  
(12-11-2009 10:30 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Yes a lockdown would be good. I am sure Harry could arrange one to coincide with Ruth working late. To be honest though at this stage I would just like to see someone (ie Ruth) show Harry some affection. He has had a rough two years personally and really needs someone to care about him whether thats a cuddle or a hand on the shoulder or stroke of the face.

You're right, the poor man has had a rough time of it. At least we know Scarlet loves him, and is giving him some cuddles - or at least soppy kisses. Tongue

I don't think that those are the kisses he wants though, lol (and from the wrong person Wink )