Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Nicola Walker - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Nicola Walker (/thread-307.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Beatriz - 30-12-2010 05:49 PM

Thank you for putting up the pic!! I love it, although it makes me feel jealous Tongue She seems so nice andl lovely and friendly Smile You both look great!! Wink

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 31-12-2010 03:14 AM

Guides to all of Nicola Walker's audio work are being written up on her fansite. Check out

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - A Cousin - 31-12-2010 04:17 AM

Very cool, TL! Sounds to me like you did just the right thing. Smile I don't really like doing that sort of thing either. I appreciate you doing it and sharing it with us.

Please don't take this the wrong way but when I saw you in the picture, I couldn't help but think about the Dr Who episode set during Queen Elizabeth II's Coronation where the TV's suck the faces off of people. Just saw it for the first time the other day....

And thanks for your very honest review. You see a lot of theater, so I really respect your opinion.

Thanks for the heads up pepelow! I need to hear more of her radio plays.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 31-12-2010 04:32 AM

(31-12-2010 04:17 AM)A Cousin Wrote:  Thanks for the heads up pepelow! I need to hear more of her radio plays.

Then you should mark your diary for 7 January 2011 at 9pm UK time, when Nicola will be part of the radio play, Bad Memories, on BBC Radio 4. If you miss it or do not reside in the UK, you can hear it on the BBC iPlayer for 7 days after the original date of broadcast. There is no geographical restriction where radio programmes are concerned on the BBC iPlayer.

More info here :

Smile

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - JHyde - 31-12-2010 05:08 AM

I'm not the sort of person who stalks stage doors but if I was I would hard pressed to pick one of the cast of this show. I'd probably run with Tate, who is a personal hero of mine. But Gatiss and Walker wouldn't be far behind.

NW sounds tops. At least chocolate isn't as gross as that other food she was praising last week! Well, chocolate's not gross at all.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Tea Lady - 31-12-2010 11:21 AM

(31-12-2010 05:08 AM)JHyde Wrote:  NW sounds tops. At least chocolate isn't as gross as that other food she was praising last week! Well, chocolate's not gross at all.

That's what I should have done JHyde to get her attention, shoved a plate of liver and kidneys at her. Big Grin

*goes off to watch Dr Who* Wink

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Obsession - 31-12-2010 01:44 PM

I'm quite jealous TL. When I came over...last year (already 2011 in Aus)...I was rather disappointed that NW was back in Spooks (hear me out), only because it meant that they'd only just finished filming Spooks 9 and therefore NW wouldn't be in any theatre jobs mid-year. Wish I had a few grand lying about so I could pop over and see her in something.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - JHyde - 31-12-2010 02:18 PM

TL, if between A Cousin and I we have convinced you to watch Doctor Who I consider that a win!

Yeah, she might have taken that bait! She is pretty friendly with some of girls who campaigned to have her back on the show, they've spoken about their meetings with her in introductions to their fics.

It's really nice that NW had that attitude to people at the door. I must admit though that if I was a celeb that walk at the end of the night would terrify the hell out of me. Ergo, why I am not a celebrity.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Tea Lady - 31-12-2010 04:44 PM

(31-12-2010 01:44 PM)Obsession Wrote:  I'm quite jealous TL. When I came over...last year (already 2011 in Aus)...I was rather disappointed that NW was back in Spooks (hear me out), only because it meant that they'd only just finished filming Spooks 9 and therefore NW wouldn't be in any theatre jobs mid-year. Wish I had a few grand lying about so I could pop over and see her in something.

I am hoping for a bigger role next time on stage. Was Mrs Klein (I think it was called that) a main role? I'm not sure.

(31-12-2010 02:18 PM)JHyde Wrote:  TL, if between A Cousin and I we have convinced you to watch Doctor Who I consider that a win!

Yeah, she might have taken that bait! She is pretty friendly with some of girls who campaigned to have her back on the show, they've spoken about their meetings with her in introductions to their fics.

It's really nice that NW had that attitude to people at the door. I must admit though that if I was a celeb that walk at the end of the night would terrify the hell out of me. Ergo, why I am not a celebrity.

Doctor Who, Smoctor Who !! Still hate it i'm afraid, sorry.

I don't know how I would feel to be honest. I mean it was only like 10.15pm. Most of the people there were not waiting for Nicola. I think the girl that jumped in first was really waiting for Tate. If the other NOG's were not there, there would have only been me waiting for Nicola. What I'm saying is, as an actor, would you rather have someone waiting for you outside the stage door, than walk past a row of 15 people, who are all waiting for your fellow actors and not you?

I just think, unfortunately, Nicola is not always recognised. Take the chap behind me in the theatre. He was telling his wife and two adult children that they did know the actress playing Rachel in the play. They sat there guessing for about 10minutes until they realised that it was Ruth from Spooks, which they all watched!

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - JHyde - 31-12-2010 04:48 PM

Mrs Klein is a great play and was a great part for her. I would have done some serious damage to see her in that.