Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Nicola Walker - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Nicola Walker (/thread-307.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - A Cousin - 31-12-2010 10:36 PM

(31-12-2010 04:44 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I don't know how I would feel to be honest. I mean it was only like 10.15pm. Most of the people there were not waiting for Nicola. I think the girl that jumped in first was really waiting for Tate. If the other NOG's were not there, there would have only been me waiting for Nicola. What I'm saying is, as an actor, would you rather have someone waiting for you outside the stage door, than walk past a row of 15 people, who are all waiting for your fellow actors and not you?

Depends on the actor. Some love it. Some hate it. Consider this: the sooner you are out of the theater and past the 'Joyed It line, the sooner you get to the bar. Wink Or home. I know actors that take a very looooong time leaving the theater so they can avoid it. It can be as awkward for them as for us. However, it behooves an actor to make the time to do it for the sake of their fans. Without the fans' continued support they would not be there at all. Sounds like NW made the time. Which makes me respect her all the more. Cool

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Silktie - 01-01-2011 06:47 AM

(31-12-2010 04:44 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I just think, unfortunately, Nicola is not always recognised. Take the chap behind me in the theatre. He was telling his wife and two adult children that they did know the actress playing Rachel in the play. They sat there guessing for about 10minutes until they realised that it was Ruth from Spooks, which they all watched!

Or maybe it's a testament to how good she is as an actress, that she is so different in every role that people don't automatically associate her with just playing Ruth? Wink

But it really is great that she is so giving to the fans, I also respect her greatly for that.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 01-01-2011 11:19 PM

(31-12-2010 04:44 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Was Mrs Klein (I think it was called that) a main role? I'm not sure.

Yeah, Nicola's role in Mrs Klein was a main role. There were only three characters, each had a main role.

I liked the Almeida a lot. I was able to get front row seats for two of the nights I went. I was so close to the stage that I could smell the greasepaint on the actresses' faces!Wink

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 04-01-2011 06:27 PM

You can listen to Nicola read "The Daughter's Tale" on the author's website HERE, plus the other 5 stories in the Dark and Stormy Night series. There's also an interview with the author. There is no geographical restriction on listening to this programme. Smile

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - expat - 05-01-2011 02:16 AM

Nice find pepelow! Thank you

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Obsession - 05-01-2011 08:07 AM

This is great stuff by Nicola. Love listening to her voice. Thanks for passing it on. Smile

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 05-01-2011 10:37 AM

Brand new set of desktop images and avis made by Ruth, a NOG, which you can view

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - watchstrap - 05-01-2011 12:53 PM

Does anyone know which Jonothan Creek episodes Nicola is in? I have all the series on my media player and each episode has a title as part of the id. Any ideas anyone. Just seen the screencaps for this on the Bonkers but Brilliant sight and can see Nicola eating a meal on Shipley windmill! This is only about 5 mins from my house. Alas it was all filmed before we moved to the area.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 05-01-2011 01:02 PM

(05-01-2011 12:53 PM)watchstrap Wrote:  Does anyone know which Jonothan Creek episodes Nicola is in?

Series 2, episode 6 titled "Mother Redcap". Smile

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - DogSoSmall - 05-01-2011 07:17 PM

(04-01-2011 06:27 PM)pepelow Wrote:  You can listen to Nicola read "The Daughter's Tale" on the author's website HERE, plus the other 5 stories in the Dark and Stormy Night series. There's also an interview with the author. There is no geographical restriction on listening to this programme. Smile

Thanks so much for this link. It was an absolute delight.