Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Nicola Walker - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Nicola Walker (/thread-307.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 07-01-2011 06:09 PM

In an interview which is available as part of the BBC Press Pack, Sinead Keenan who plays Nina in Being Human had this to say about Nicola's guest turn in episode 305 :

Nicola Walker – episode five playing Wendy the social worker, incredible – I think she should come back and social work elsewhere in the show.

Can't wait to see this episode! Yahoo

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - loladom - 09-01-2011 09:14 PM

I too saw the play, but wasn't brave enough to do the stage door thing. I would've liked to, (but how not to give in to the temptation to ask her to have a little word with Ruth and say yes to Harry!!)? Meant to say Tea Lady how nice your pic is. Wish I'd had the nerve now.

I loved the play, but it was Catherine Tate's show beyond doubt. I thought Nicola was excellent, but agree that the role was too small and not at all a challenge for her. The part also had too many similarities to Ruth, especially the frumpy clothes. I want to see NW is something totally different next, so I need to get digging and find some of her other roles. Enjoyed it though.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 10-01-2011 01:50 AM

In many ways, Bad Memories is very similar to another Julian Simpson radio play 'Fragments / Pleasant Green (2007)' which also had Nicola as a cast member (though in a slightly less prominent role). Both stories involved detectives trying to solve a murder using fragments of an audio tape to reconstruct past events. This template is used to much better effect in Bad Memories though.

Update : Julian Simpson, the Director of "Bad Memories", is very complimentary about the talents of Nicola. Read his comments on the BBC Radio4 Drama Messageboard.

Thanks Rosemary, for making me aware of these comments. Wink

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - watchstrap - 10-01-2011 11:48 PM

Thanks for the review TL, you are very brave (but shy, your face isn't that bad surely? ). I still can't make up my mind whether to go with my Mum or not. Trouble is we are away on hols for 3 weeks in Feb which makes booking the tickets difficult. Really wish that I had commited myself to going before Xmas now! Duh!!

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 14-01-2011 01:17 AM

For those of you lucky enough to access the on-set tour given by Sinead Keenan (available on the BBC's Being Human official website), she mentions that she was filming episode 5 when the on-set tour was filmed and that in episode 5, things get hectic. That would be Nicola's guest episode. Nicola previously told Ian Wylie that her character in BH "thought she was having a bad day". Can. Not. Wait. Vueltasss

Wonder if Nicola cut her hair short for this episode. She looked like she had a short hair cut when she was photographed for the Season's Greetings promo still.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - loladom - 14-01-2011 06:11 PM

(14-01-2011 01:17 AM)pepelow Wrote:  Wonder if Nicola cut her hair short for this episode. She looked like she had a short hair cut when she was photographed for the Season's Greetings promo still.

Not sure how long ago filming was, but in late Dec on stage she had hair the usual Ruth length.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - DogSoSmall - 14-01-2011 07:32 PM

I'm going to see Season's Greetings tomorrow. Really looking forward to it! Smile

I'll report on hair length!

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Silktie - 15-01-2011 06:21 AM

You're so lucky. If you have the guts to talk to her afterwards, maybe you can also get us confirmation on whether we will have six or eight episodes in season 10?

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - DogSoSmall - 15-01-2011 11:04 AM

Is six a possibility? Ye gods!! It used to be 10. Six, and we'll blink and miss it. Dodgy

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - loladom - 15-01-2011 08:45 PM

According to the BBC website, Being Human series 3 starts Jan 23rd. SO if Nicola is in episode 5 that makes Sun Feb 20th the date of her episode. All logical deduction I hasten to add - haven't seen anything in print yet.