Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Nicola Walker - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Nicola Walker (/thread-307.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - DogSoSmall - 16-01-2011 08:04 PM

Well, I had an absolutely wonderful evening in London last night. Started with a lovely stroll along the South Bank, looking at all the lights and (mentally) waving at Thames House, rifling through the huge second hand book & picture stall outside the British Film Institute - where, believe it or not, a rough-looking "gentleman of the streets" came up to me and whispered "spook!!" in my ear and then wandered off down the street. Huh I didn't take up the challenge! The National is a lovely theatre. There was live music to keep us amused whilst having a drink before the performance which was great.

I really enjoyed Season's Greetings. I have to disagree with TL that it was a slow starter, but I think often it can very much depend on the audience of the night. We had a very appreciative audience and the guy sitting next to me had no reservations about guffawing loudly throughout. I think of it as a very witty play, rather than as a comedy, so I wasn't really expecting too many rolling in the aisles moments. I was hooked right from the start because the acting was so superb. What a wonderful cast. Nicola (complete with Ruth-length hair) was great. She had the hardest job I thought, being the tragic figure and having to draw the audience into the sadness of her life just after we'd all been chuckling. There were some moments during her scenes when you could have heard a pin drop, and that was quite uncomfortable in a way, which I think was the intention of the writer. That said, she had my favourite line in the whole play - which I now can't actually remember! It involved taking up sex in later life being like taking up smoking. Can you remember the punchline TL?

Anyway, wonderful night, and I highly recommend the production to everyone.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - watchstrap - 16-01-2011 08:29 PM

Thanks for that DogSoSmall, I am pleased that you enjoyed it and had a lovely evening by the sounds of it. I have now booked for the first Sunday in March. Looking forward to it enormously!

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Tea Lady - 16-01-2011 08:59 PM

Oh dear, I can't remember the line, DogSoSmall. I need to start taking fish oils. I agree that there were a couple of pin drop moments, especially right at the end of the first act. Nicola had a long speech at that point. Glad you enjoyed it and found a nice "London friend." Are you sure it wasn't Tom Quinn Wink

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - DogSoSmall - 18-01-2011 08:37 AM

(16-01-2011 08:59 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Glad you enjoyed it and found a nice "London friend." Are you sure it wasn't Tom Quinn Wink

Chuckle!! Didn't think of that. I'd make a rubbish spook. Smile

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 19-01-2011 12:51 AM

DogSoSmall and TeaLady, the line you're thinking of is this :

"Well, I've managed without the other extremely well for 38 years ... and I haven't honestly missed it ... I feel about it a bit like smoking - it would be stupid to take it up at my age ... when I've done so well so far." Smile

As for Series 10, rumour has it that the producers have been considering just 6 episodes but no decision has been made yet.

DogSoSmall, did you get to meet Nicola afterwards?

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - DogSoSmall - 19-01-2011 07:43 AM

That's the line, Pepelow, thank you! Smile

I didn't meet Nicola afterwards. At the National it's not quite so obvious where the stage door is, so I didn't know where to go. From TL's photo she looked as if they were still inside the building, so I wonder if the actors exit throught the foyer aswell. Anyway, I wish now I had tracked her down and interrogated her about the six episodes! I really do hope that's not true.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - MrsHat - 19-01-2011 10:57 PM

I'm due to be seeing Season's Greetings on first Sunday in March too....rather excited but nervous about going on my own, especially as I hope to try and catch Nicola afterwards (Not so good on my own at stage doors!)

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 20-01-2011 12:01 AM

Nicola's episode (305) in Being Human S3 is titled "The Longest Day". Must be referring to the kind of day her character, Wendy the social worker/house inspector, is having when she has to inspect "Honolulu Heights", the new home of the three flatmates. Wink

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - DogSoSmall - 20-01-2011 07:48 AM

Mrs Hat, I saw Seasons Greeting on my own too. It was absolutely fine. Particularly in London I think people often do this sort of thing on their own. The theatre was packed and I was just one of many. Enjoy!

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - loladom - 20-01-2011 12:56 PM

(20-01-2011 07:48 AM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  Mrs Hat, I saw Seasons Greeting on my own too. It was absolutely fine. Particularly in London I think people often do this sort of thing on their own. The theatre was packed and I was just one of many. Enjoy!

I went alone too - no probs with the actual show, but I agree going solo to the stage door is daunting and therefore I didn't do it! Wish I had now though.

If anyone is going to do that, can you drop a massive plea to get Ruth to give Harry a go? ;)Highlight the dramatic benefits of moving that story forward, not to mention endearing her to fansYahoo

And yes, the 6 or 8 debate.