Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Nicola Walker - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Nicola Walker (/thread-307.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - A Cousin - 06-02-2011 03:00 PM

I'd buy them a drink! I hope someone did.

So was Matthew Macfadyen there too as the original tweet suggests?

It is indeed a nice thing to do. It illustrates the friendships that develop on the Spooks set. That idea really pleases me for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other Spooks cast, past and present, have been to see her but just got in and out undetected. There is an industry saying that there are only 60 working actors and they all know each other. Big Grin Of course, that is an over simplification but I think that could apply with Kudos actors in a way.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Kazters - 06-02-2011 05:01 PM

flicked onto the movie channel today on sky and four weddings a funeral was on and there singing was nicola walker ;-) a 1994 ms walker ;-0)

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Goldrush70 - 06-02-2011 11:59 PM

(06-02-2011 08:38 AM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  Thanks for posting this. I love that they're all friends and that they love working together so much. It really comes across in the show too. (I have no idea what an SFX Weekender convention is!).

You're very welcome. The affection between them is very heartwarming, I agree. The SFX Weekender convention is a (mainly) sci fi convention held once a year, over a weekend, and is run by the SFX Magazine. They have several guests over the course of the weekend, who do Q&A sessions and sign autographs. I had a really great time, and Keeley was so lovely. I am a big Ashes to Ashes and Spooks fan, so it was wonderful to meet her and listen to her panel. Smile

(06-02-2011 09:17 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Wow! Thanks for confirming Goldrush70. That's so nice that Keeley and Peter both went to see Nicola. Wish I was at that performance. Imagine if you were at the bar and there next to you were Peter, Nicola, and Keeley! I think I probably would have gone into shock for the next ten years! Big Grin

No worries. Smile I almost went into shock when Keeley said it, so actually being there would have been quite something, lol.

(06-02-2011 03:00 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  I'd buy them a drink! I hope someone did.

So was Matthew Macfadyen there too as the original tweet suggests?

It is indeed a nice thing to do. It illustrates the friendships that develop on the Spooks set. That idea really pleases me for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other Spooks cast, past and present, have been to see her but just got in and out undetected. There is an industry saying that there are only 60 working actors and they all know each other. Big Grin Of course, that is an over simplification but I think that could apply with Kudos actors in a way.

Yes, she was there with Matthew too. Rupert Penry Jones also went to see Season's Greetings at the start of January, as a friend of mine spotted him in the audience when she saw it. It please me too, knowing that they really take an interest and support each other this way.

When I got Keeley's autograph, I asked her if she enjoyed the play, and she thought it was wonderful. She is rather nervous about performing on the stage for the first time herself in 'Rocket to the Moon', but she loves the National and is also excited to make her debut there.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - DogSoSmall - 07-02-2011 11:38 PM

I saw Rocket to the Moon in London about thirty years ago - can't remember a single thing about it!! Got the programme somewhere though.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Tess24 - 10-02-2011 04:09 PM

I don't watch Law and Order:UK so I don't generally look out for it but but has the episode with Nicola Walker aired yet?

Never mind, I just found out.

Note to self - must research before asking a question!

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - DogSoSmall - 11-02-2011 12:09 AM

No, no. Must put answer on board for all to see!!

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Tess24 - 11-02-2011 10:06 AM

IMDB says series 4 was shown November/December last year. Nicola's episode specifically on the 4th November. As I said I don't usually look out for it so I guess I missed it. Just curious because I saw a video of some clips of her in it on youtube - shame about the dodgy song over the top!

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - loladom - 11-02-2011 02:08 PM

(11-02-2011 10:06 AM)Tess24 Wrote:  IMDB says series 4 was shown November/December last year. Nicola's episode specifically on the 4th November. As I said I don't usually look out for it so I guess I missed it. Just curious because I saw a video of some clips of her in it on youtube - shame about the dodgy song over the top!

I could be totally wrong, but isn't that the air date in Canada? I'm surprised they got it before the UK, but I was under the impression we have yet to see this in the UK? I am sure I wouldn't have missed it in November as I had Spooks radar well and truly on at that point. Can anyone clarify this?

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - A Cousin - 11-02-2011 04:34 PM

(11-02-2011 02:08 PM)loladom Wrote:  
(11-02-2011 10:06 AM)Tess24 Wrote:  IMDB says series 4 was shown November/December last year. Nicola's episode specifically on the 4th November. As I said I don't usually look out for it so I guess I missed it. Just curious because I saw a video of some clips of her in it on youtube - shame about the dodgy song over the top!

I could be totally wrong, but isn't that the air date in Canada? I'm surprised they got it before the UK, but I was under the impression we have yet to see this in the UK? I am sure I wouldn't have missed it in November as I had Spooks radar well and truly on at that point. Can anyone clarify this?

Yup, 4 Nov was the air date in Canada. I got confused a couple of months ago for the same reason. Don't know when it will air in the UK. The NW fan-site Bonkers but Brilliant is keeping tabs and has been in contact with the lead writer via twitter. http://www.nicola-walker.net/ Just click on the Law & Order tag to the right.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Naivety - 11-02-2011 10:59 PM

According to itv.com's Winter/Spring highlights, Law and Order UK had a six part series in the current period. It mentions Nicola Walker as a guest star but I'm sure I watched the series in full in the Autumn and didn't see her episode. So I'm confused.

The link below is for the press release for the Winter/Spring period but I can't find out from what date it runs from and to.

http://www.itv.com/documents/pdf/ITV_Winter_Spring_2011_highlights.pdf

Law and Order is on page 7.