Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Nicola Walker - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Nicola Walker (/thread-307.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - MrsHat - 20-02-2011 09:59 PM

Nicola was absolutely fantastic, horrifically amusing yet a character I felt so awfully sorry for.

Brilliant....shades of Ruth's nervousness coming through which made me smile

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Forever Secret - 20-02-2011 10:29 PM

I'm watching Being Human right now on iPlayer
Nicola is BRILLIANT! Soooo funny, the scene with her laptop I couldn't stop laughing! Big Grin
"Sorry if I'm talking alot I had three cans of Red Bull in the car" Wink
Awww and than when poor Wendy breaks down, I felt so sorry for herSad

I think that being in something like Spooks, a serious drama and then being in something like Being Human, which is a comedy, the contrast between the 2 shows proves what a great actress she is Smile

I can also see a little of Ruth's nervousness coming through MrsHat

I actually want to catch up with Being Human now, I havent seen it before but have to say I actually really like it Smile

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - DogSoSmall - 21-02-2011 07:29 AM

Nicola's comic touch was absolutely superb. She was delightfully funny with loads of pathos thrown in. What a great little cameo - I can see why she got all that praise from the regulars on the show. I agree, FS, I haven't watched this show before, but it was pretty gripping. I might have to go back and catch up.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Tess24 - 21-02-2011 10:53 AM

I've never seen Being Human before and to be fair I probably won't again but Nicola was great in it, loved the comedic touch, it did have me genuinely laughing out loud and that hasn't happened at a TV show in a long time.

Favourite lines:

"Work. Work! Work or I'll bitch slap you!"

"They call themselves druids but I recognised quite a few faces from B&Q so, I asked them, where's my sodding kitchen units then?"

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - YoungHarryFan - 21-02-2011 12:27 PM

Nicola was absolutely fantastic in this episode. Loved the comedy. Would love to see her in more roles like this............maybe something with PF!!!

I can just imagine Ruth having 3 cans of red bull before barging into Harry's office in the early days of Spooks.

For anyone not familiar with Being Human, I think that has to be the best episode I've seen. It's not usually anywhere near as funny as that and some episodes are quite grim to watch.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - yorkshiretyke - 21-02-2011 10:08 PM

I've just seen a trailer for the new series of Law and Order on ITV and Nicola was in it....looking very much like Ruth!

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 22-02-2011 01:17 AM

Lovely pic of Nicola as Wendy in Being Human 305 which has just been released by the BBC which you can see

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - DogSoSmall - 22-02-2011 07:36 AM

That was a great bit with her mucking about with the ciggy substitute and having a little surf when she thought she was on her own. Big Grin

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - loladom - 22-02-2011 09:34 AM

I remember during an interview with MR, she said she shared a dressing room with NW and that she was nothing like Ruth and really funny. I think (especially the surfing bit) this shows more of NW's personality and was great to see. It also reminded me of the early Ruth. Although she could never go back to that, I would like to see Ruth lighten up again.

As for NW, (and despite it being brilliant) I do fear she's getting type cast as the nunty, frumpy woman though. Ruth, Wendy and her part in Seasons Greetings were all the same in that respect. She needs a younger, sexier part while she can still do that, as looking at photos of her she can look much younger than any of the roles she ever seems to play.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 22-02-2011 01:34 PM

Reminder to US fans of Nicola - mark your diaries, 19 March 2011, cos thats the day Being Human 305 (the UK version) will air on BBC America.

I agree with your comments loladom. It would be great to see Nicola headline her own show, be it comedy or drama. She started off in comedy ("Chalk") and over the years, has proven to be equally brilliant in both genres.

I also noticed the parallels between Wendy and Ruth : the dropping of files and the wrestling with lamp/laptop. I felt that she was a little underused in Being Human 305. Would have been great to see a more farcical performance, if only the writer, director and producers would have allowed her to do so.Yahoo