Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Nicola Walker - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Nicola Walker (/thread-307.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - A Cousin - 22-02-2011 03:03 PM

Review in The Guardian specifically mentions NW:

Meanwhile, another week and another uncommonly brilliant guest turn in the shape of Nicola Walker's harassed, insomniac, Red Bull-swigging social worker Wendy. We're not going to be able to watch Spooks with the same eyes again, frankly.

Full article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2011/feb/20/being-human-series-three-episode-five.

Can't wait! :woop

BBC America has taken to scheduling Being Human for a full 1:15 so they do not have to make cuts for commercials.

I think NW scoring her own series again either as the lead or a regular supporting character is only a matter of time and availability.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 22-02-2011 03:42 PM

For a complete round up of reviews (so far) of Being Human 305, in particular, Nicola's guest turn, go Contains spoilers so don't read if you haven't seen that episode and don't want to be spoiled. Wink

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - YoungHarryFan - 22-02-2011 05:55 PM

Just found this on YouTube - Nicola in a BBC sitcom called Chalk from the late 90's.

"Nicola plays Suzy Travis - a young, enthusiastic and motivated teacher but inexperienced and somewhat naive. Straight out of training college, she is thrown into a characterless, unfeeling comprehensive Galfast High

Here's the link for the first part:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc5F0PDogzk

This was likened to Fawlty Towers but set in a school, can't quite see this myself but see what you all think..........

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 22-02-2011 08:58 PM

(22-02-2011 05:55 PM)YoungHarryFan Wrote:  Just found this on YouTube - Nicola in a BBC sitcom called Chalk from the late 90's.
"Chalk" was Nicola's first starring role on TV. You can buy Series 1 of "Chalk" on DVD from the Replay Shop. This boxset features a behind the scenes documentary, After the Chalk Dust Settled, which has interviews with all cast members. Nicola is very funny in this documentary, which was taped specially for the DVD release. Smile

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Kirayuki - 22-02-2011 09:04 PM

I saw Nicola in 'Seasons Greetings' yesterday... Stunning performance! Big Grin

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 22-02-2011 09:12 PM

(22-02-2011 09:04 PM)Kirayuki Wrote:  I saw Nicola in 'Seasons Greetings' yesterday... Stunning performance! Big Grin

Glad you liked it, Kirayuki. Did you get to meet Nicola afterwards? If you've taken a photo with Nicola, we'd love to put it up on the fansite in the section we call "We met Nicola!" Big Grin

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Kirayuki - 22-02-2011 09:24 PM

Unfortunately no I didn't. Sad
I wish I could have done but by the time it finished we had to rush back to the tube as we'd parked out in Hounslow West.
Fingers crossed I get another opportunity soon though as Nicola is still top of my list of 'to meet' people. At least I got to see her perform live though which is great in itself! Smile

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Nitrus - 25-02-2011 10:06 PM

I would like to remind everyone that the posting of links to other sites which discuss Spooks is against our rules and any instances of this should be reported by members. Thanks. Smile

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - DogSoSmall - 25-02-2011 10:48 PM

Wow, really? Does that include interviews about Spooks or actors own websites? I've really been enjoying links to Nicola's other work and becoming something of a huge fan. Is that bad?

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Nitrus - 25-02-2011 11:03 PM

The rule is usually only applied to websites which discuss Spooks and only Spooks. I'm usually fine with people posting links to actor-specific websites as long as they ask beforehand.

Apparently some people are having a hard time coming to terms with what I consider basic manners. It's not at all bad that you are becoming a fan of Nicola's other work I think it's great. I just ask for a bit of consideration when you're posting links on someone else's website.

Has the Being Human Episode aired with her in it? I can't find it. Confused