Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Nicola Walker - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Nicola Walker (/thread-307.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Forever Secret - 27-02-2011 04:08 PM

Big Grin That's a great interview!!! I agree about the look! The jeans and blazer are great!
ahh the Desk Lamp comment!
"I didn't even get to be violent!" haha
Love how she talked about Ruth's character developing as well and her fighting scene! Big Grin

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Goldrush70 - 27-02-2011 04:52 PM

(27-02-2011 03:19 PM)langley Wrote:  Sorry, Goldrush70, I didn't realize you'd posted the same link a few minutes earlier - next time I will be sure to hit "refresh" in my browser! DogSoSmall, I agree about her look - I love her in jeans and a blazer! I WISH they'd put Ruth in something more youthful like that!

Lol, no problem at all. Wink It's an interview worthy of a double mention. Blush

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - watchstrap - 28-02-2011 11:38 AM

What a great interview. I love her hair tied up too. They used to tie it up in the earlier series and I wonder if Ruth's hair and clothes are designed to make her character appear older. Ruth strikes me as the sort of woman who couldn't be bothered to blow dry every day and would resort to a messy updo on her lazy mornings (I do!).

Anyway, back to Nicola; lovely person, nice ponytail and refreshingly normal.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - A Cousin - 05-03-2011 03:14 AM

Just got done watching NW in "ID" on Law & Order UK on BBC America. Without spoiling it for others, my god! She's good! Once again, a very subtle performance in what could have very easily gone completely over the top.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Nia M - 06-03-2011 05:38 PM

(28-02-2011 11:38 AM)watchstrap Wrote:  What a great interview. I love her hair tied up too. They used to tie it up in the earlier series and I wonder if Ruth's hair and clothes are designed to make her character appear older. Ruth strikes me as the sort of woman who couldn't be bothered to blow dry every day and would resort to a messy updo on her lazy mornings (I do!).

Anyway, back to Nicola; lovely person, nice ponytail and refreshingly normal.
Hmm, well I'm sure I remember that Ruth was supposed to be a fair bit older than NW was when she was cast, so maybe you're right there.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Byatil - 06-03-2011 06:48 PM

Nicola seems so lovely! She really has a great sense of humour as well; I loved her comment on all the "exciting bits" she's had over the years Wink

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Goldrush70 - 06-03-2011 06:50 PM

Just wanted to say that a friend and I met Nicola at the stage door of the National last week, and she was so lovely. We had a photo taken with her and she signed some autographs for us. A very gracious lady, and so chatty too. I'm glad we plucked up the courage to do it. Smile

We loved Season's Greetings too! Great observational black comedy, with fine performances from all the cast. Nicola was subtly brilliant!

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - MrsHat - 06-03-2011 08:59 PM

(06-03-2011 06:50 PM)Goldrush70 Wrote:  Nicola was subtly brilliant!

Absolutely! I met her this afternoon, she's so friendly!

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Goldrush70 - 06-03-2011 10:36 PM

(06-03-2011 08:59 PM)MrsHat Wrote:  
(06-03-2011 06:50 PM)Goldrush70 Wrote:  Nicola was subtly brilliant!

Absolutely! I met her this afternoon, she's so friendly!

Glad you got to meet her too, MrsHat! Wink

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - watchstrap - 06-03-2011 11:46 PM

I went to see Season's Greetings this afternoon with my mother and my daughter and really enjoyed it. Haven't laughed that much at the theatre for ages. Thought Nicola was excellent, particularly because although really funny she didn't play for laughs as much as the others. Her character was more bittersweet and NW was very believeable in the role.

So glad that I plucked up the courage to drag my Mum and 10 year old daughter round to the Stage Door afterwards to try and meet Nicola (thanks to Tea Lady for the encouragement there!). She was just so lovely and took time to ask my daughter about her drama group, telling her thats how she started out. Got some nice photos which I will try and post up and she signed our programme. Top day out!

Also got to meet some lovely ladies from the Spooks Forum and the 'other' forum at the Stage Door Smile