Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Nicola Walker - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Nicola Walker (/thread-307.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Nia M - 07-03-2011 12:18 AM

I met her when I went to see the play for the second time. She was so absolutely lovely, even though my friend and I were so clearly nervous about meeting her Tongue

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - langley - 07-03-2011 12:22 AM

I am so jealous of all of you who got to meet her! Next time she's in a play I'll have to fly to London. There's another plane ticket I'll have to save up for. So worth it, though!!

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - xRuthx - 07-03-2011 05:50 AM

(06-03-2011 06:50 PM)Goldrush70 Wrote:  Just wanted to say that a friend and I met Nicola at the stage door of the National last week, and she was so lovely. We had a photo taken with her and she signed some autographs for us. A very gracious lady, and so chatty too. I'm glad we plucked up the courage to do it. Smile

We loved Season's Greetings too! Great observational black comedy, with fine performances from all the cast. Nicola was subtly brilliant!

I met Nicola back in December after SG's and she was very, very lovely. She is definitely very chatty! Not at all like Ruth really which kind of surprised me a little.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Goldrush70 - 07-03-2011 07:34 AM

(07-03-2011 05:50 AM)xRuthx Wrote:  I met Nicola back in December after SG's and she was very, very lovely. She is definitely very chatty! Not at all like Ruth really which kind of surprised me a little.

Me too. Nicola really has none of the social awkwardness of Ruth. She was very chilled. Cool

It's great to read about everyones' experiences. It was lovely that she spoke to your daughter about drama, watchstrap. Smile

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - xRuthx - 07-03-2011 07:48 AM

(07-03-2011 07:34 AM)Goldrush70 Wrote:  
(07-03-2011 05:50 AM)xRuthx Wrote:  I met Nicola back in December after SG's and she was very, very lovely. She is definitely very chatty! Not at all like Ruth really which kind of surprised me a little.

Me too. Nicola really has none of the social awkwardness of Ruth. She was very chilled. Cool

She made me forget that I was talking to an actress that I watched on the TV and admire alot. That's no mean feat. I was so nervous but in a couple of seconds I felt much better because Nicola was so talkative and kind of took the pressure off me to say words Tongue

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Nia M - 07-03-2011 04:33 PM

Yeah, she did that for Amy and I too. Both the making us forget we were talking to her as an actress we'd seen on TV, and also the genuine interest into if we did theatre etc. So different to Ruth, but each so lovely in their own ways Smile

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Gazelle - 07-03-2011 08:49 PM

(06-03-2011 11:46 PM)watchstrap Wrote:  I went to see Season's Greetings this afternoon with my mother and my daughter and really enjoyed it. Haven't laughed that much at the theatre for ages. Thought Nicola was excellent, particularly because although really funny she didn't play for laughs as much as the others. Her character was more bittersweet and NW was very believeable in the role.

So glad that I plucked up the courage to drag my Mum and 10 year old daughter round to the Stage Door afterwards to try and meet Nicola (thanks to Tea Lady for the encouragement there!). She was just so lovely and took time to ask my daughter about her drama group, telling her thats how she started out. Got some nice photos which I will try and post up and she signed our programme. Top day out!

Also got to meet some lovely ladies from the Spooks Forum and the 'other' forum at the Stage Door Smile

I second that, Nicola was really friendly and put you at ease, it was really good of her to take the time out to see us. Nice to meet you and Mrs Hat too, all in all a good occasion! PS. did you get to see Catherine Tate in the end too or not?

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Tea Lady - 07-03-2011 08:52 PM

Glad it all worked out Watchstrap. She really is a lovely woman. Smile

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 10-03-2011 10:20 PM

Nicola will be a guest star in the July 2011 production of Robophobia by Big Fish, an audio programme. You can read about it HERE on the Big Fish website. Yahoo

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - xRuthx - 11-03-2011 05:32 AM

^That emoticon expresses my reaction exactly! FLIPPING LOVE DR WHO!!!