Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Nicola Walker - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Nicola Walker (/thread-307.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 21-03-2011 12:52 PM

Series Being Human 305 Spoiler: show
Wendy pretending to surf in front of the wall paper, like George did earlier in the programme.

I guess you'll just have to find it on YouTube or buy the DVD. The Region 1 DVD or Blu-Ray of Being Human Series 3 will be available on 3 May 2011. I noticed a parallel between Wendy's entrance to this programme with the way Ruth first showed up on the Grid : the nervousness, dropping of files, and fiddling with electronics (computer vs lamp). I know what you mean by the car scene, but nothing was cut there.

Perhaps you should give this programme another go, its not bad, though I like Series 1 better than 2 or 3.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - A Cousin - 21-03-2011 01:27 PM

(21-03-2011 12:52 PM)pepelow Wrote:  
Series Being Human 305 Spoiler: show
Wendy pretending to surf in front of the wall paper, like George did earlier in the programme.

I guess you'll just have to find it on YouTube or buy the DVD.

After writing that, I wandered over to the NW Forum where you guys have the YouTube link. I was correct to think that the commercial cut was indeed awkward, it would seem. Thanks for the info!

Ya know, we have watched almost every single Being Human episode. I suppose, we have missed a couple. We watch it because we are waiting for Graham Norton to come on. Big Grin I think we keep trying because of the actors. But that is for another thread or another forum.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 21-03-2011 02:12 PM

(21-03-2011 01:27 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  I wandered over to the NW Forum where you guys have the YouTube link.

We are not the NW Forum, which is run by different people Smile. People often mistake the fansite for the forum Undecided, which is a shame because they are quite different in tone and content.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - A Cousin - 21-03-2011 02:43 PM

(21-03-2011 02:12 PM)pepelow Wrote:  
(21-03-2011 01:27 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  I wandered over to the NW Forum where you guys have the YouTube link.

We are not the NW Forum, which is run by different people Smile. People often mistake the fansite for the forum Undecided, which is a shame because they are quite different in tone and content.

Sorry. Got mixed up. Just a momentary lapse. I know the difference. So many fan sites, so little time. Wink The Nicola Walker fansite is beautifully laid out, BTW. I liked the upgrade. You are correct about tone and content! That is why I like both of them. I get something different from each. Cool

It has been a real treat being able to see all of NW's guest shots from this side of the Atlantic. They really highlight the best of what she does. If I had to choose, I'd say that her performance in L&O was my favorite if only for that one moment
Spoiler: show
when they reveal to her of the victim's physical state. I could watch her reaction to that over and over and over again. And have - LOL! She hits the perfect balance between agonized and murderous.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 21-03-2011 02:51 PM

^A Cousin, suggest you edit your post immediately (and remove the full website address to the NW fansite) unless you want to breach rules on this forum about including links to other fansites! Wink I've already been told off in no uncertain terms once already. Thanks for your very generous comments BTW.Smile

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - sisterofruth - 21-03-2011 08:12 PM

Nicola Walker is an amazing actress.. she is so effortless and Spooks wasn't the same without her... so glad she's back...

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - xRuthx - 21-03-2011 09:08 PM

(21-03-2011 02:43 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  It has been a real treat being able to see all of NW's guest shots from this side of the Atlantic. They really highlight the best of what she does. If I had to choose, I'd say that her performance in L&O was my favorite if only for that one moment
Spoiler: show
when they reveal to her of the victim's physical state. I could watch her reaction to that over and over and over again. And have - LOL! She hits the perfect balance between agonized and murderous.

My two favourite guest star performances are Luther and L&O but my favourite overall is Luther! I still don't really know how to find words to describe it. On my own blog I just flailed alot in caps and in my letter to Nicola I struggled with adjectives for awhile and then just wrote BAFTA? across the page for awhile instead Tongue

I know what you mean about L&O though. Nicola was really amazing in that too!

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Forever Secret - 21-03-2011 09:22 PM

I saw Nicola's episode of Luther a few days ago and I have to say she is BRILLIANT in it! The way she always portrays a characters emotion is great! Her performence in Luther at times reminded me a little of Ruth in 8.1 when George was killed...

L&O is on right now on ITV1, Watching it as I type, Big Grin

How Nicola hasn't won a BAFTA yet is beyond me, she is an incredible actress, sadly though she doesn't get the recognition she deserves Wink

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - MrsHat - 21-03-2011 09:27 PM

She's absolutely brilliant tonight......That flickering light must have been so annoying to film with!

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - xRuthx - 21-03-2011 09:30 PM

(21-03-2011 09:22 PM)Forever Secret Wrote:  I saw Nicola's episode of Luther a few days ago and I have to say she is BRILLIANT in it! The way she always portrays a characters emotion is great! Her performence in Luther at times reminded me a little of Ruth in 8.1 when George was killed...

L&O is on right now on ITV1, Watching it as I type, Big Grin

How Nicola hasn't won a BAFTA yet is beyond me, she is an incredible actress, sadly though she doesn't get the recognition she deserves Wink

Luther is the best performance I have ever seen. It even outdid Miranda Richardson playing three parts in Spider! That's high praise from me indeed!

Yes! Why no BAFTA?