Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Nicola Walker - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Nicola Walker (/thread-307.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - A Cousin - 30-09-2011 06:31 PM

(30-09-2011 05:30 PM)yorkshiretyke Wrote:  Q and A's on Nicola website

Aawww...! That was great! Thanks for posting. When NW does make her Broadway debut, I will be the first in line for tickets. It's only a matter of time.... Cool

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Tea Lady - 30-09-2011 06:51 PM

Wow those questions and answers were super. Thanks to those that organised it. I also didn't realise who the deepfatfryer was until now Smile

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - DogSoSmall - 02-10-2011 02:13 PM

I've been avoiding the forum and reading speculations about Spooks S10 because I couldn't cope in the end with all the speculation and over-thinking (I am just wallowing in the orgy of Peter Firth loveliness that is the series so far!). However, I had to come back here to say that I saw Nicola in "Di and Viv and Rose" last night and it was overwhelmingly wonderful. It was a very beautiful, funny and moving play about a very realistic friendship and it was acted by three exceptionally accomplished actors. I can't describe just how amazing it was to be sitting six feet from this kind of talent. The play was long and wordy (those scripts must have been difficult to learn) but there was never a moment when it didn't seem utterly real. Those three ladies did not seem to be speaking lines - they were living lives. The characterisations were superb and I should imagine most people in the audience related to one or other of the characters. For me it was Nicola's character, Viv. She had a number of lines that really hit home for me. There was one moment when Tamsin Outhwaite made a very moving speech and judging by the sniffles coming from around the auditorium I wasn't the only one in tears. That has never happened to me in a theatre before. I was really lucky to meet Nicola afterwards. I was still feeling seriously overwhelmed by the experience so couldn't string a sensible word together, but she said something very interesting about a moment at the end of the play when she had been in tears. She said it wasn't supposed to happen (and the director might be cross!), but she had been very struck by a thought about Tamsin's character Di (can't say what in case people are going to see the play) and it had moved her to tears. What was so lovely was she was talking as Viv, thinking about Di, as if they really were those people. I think that is why it came across so truthfully to the audience. I know this performance is a sell out, but they do sometimes get returns and if you can, you have got to see this play. It was a privelege to be in the audience.

(It felt a bit insulting to even mention Spooks to Nicola after seeing her in such a wonderful piece of work, but I did just ask for a small piece of reassurance. She made me feel better!)

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Tea Lady - 02-10-2011 02:30 PM

Wow, sounds great DSS. I have not read a bad word about the play, which has probably helped to make the show a sell out. NW is lovely isn't she?

I'm going to see the show next weekend. Really looking forward to it.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - DogSoSmall - 02-10-2011 02:53 PM

Enjoy, TL. I know you will. Let us know what you think?

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - loladom - 02-10-2011 03:49 PM

I really want to see this play!!! But I can't as I'm not in the Uk at the mo. It sounds right up my street I loved seasons greetings and it was great being so close to NW but her role was small. Ahh I wish I was at "home". I emailed the Hampstead about a re-run as the play seems popular, I hope it comes off later in the yr, I could make it. If you are going to see this play - enjoy for all of us.

Dogsosmall - good to see you back here and I'm so happy for you that you got to see NW (and the added reassurance) Wink

Feeling homesick, sorry but nowhere on earth does theatre like London (and I have literally lived everywhere). Jealous mucho!!

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 02-10-2011 04:31 PM

DogSoSmall, would you like to write a review of the Play for the NW fansite? Perhaps we can cut and paste your review from here?

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - DogSoSmall - 02-10-2011 05:19 PM

That's a nice thought, Pepelow. They handed cards to the audience to write a short review after the play, but I found it was a bit too soon after a pretty emotional evening, so I was going to follow their suggestion to review via facebook. I'm assuming they have a particular page they want people to go to, but I'm not really sure. I'm a little shy of having an opinion. On the other hand, I think the playwright and the actors deserve to have feedback after all their hardwork, even if it's only from people like me!!

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 02-10-2011 05:41 PM

We already have fan reviews and links to other reviews up on the relevant page on the fansite. The Hampstead Theatre has also referred to us on their Facebook page. So, is that a yes, you'll do a review for us, or is that a yes, we can cut and paste your review from here?

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - DogSoSmall - 02-10-2011 07:45 PM

You can paste this from here if you like, but it's more silly ramblings than a review! I'll try and write something a little more sensible aswell.

I have had to have a little chuckle. Just went to look at some of the reviews on Nicola's website. There was one from the night that I went which added a "PS Dawn French was in the audience that night". Sorry to disappoint, George, but that wasn't Dawn French - it was me!!! I'm considering a new and lucrative career as a lookeelikee!!