Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Nicola Walker - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Nicola Walker (/thread-307.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 23-10-2011 03:25 PM

Please help us prepare a going away present for Nicola as she says goodbye to a character she's played on and off for 10 years. Details on the Nicola Walker fansite, bonkers but brilliant.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - loladom - 24-10-2011 06:35 PM

Whatever I feel about the ending of spooks I cannot deny both Ruth and Nicola came of age in this series. She came into her own. Compare her to s2 and now - such growth as an actor. I do hope it isn't too long before she gets something else meaty for us to see, but I'd love it to be a totally different character to Ruth.

An aside question - did anyone notice that Nicola's hair was blonde/highlighted in the scene Ruth met Coaver on the bridge? Was that because it was a late pick up/reshoot or was she shooting/doing something else at the time - if so what? Her play has finished now, does she have anything at all in the pipeline anyone know?

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Gazelle - 24-10-2011 07:02 PM

I believe the scene between Ruth and Coaver on the wharf was a late shoot - not sure how late though - which would explain the hair colour (she had it lighter for Di and Viv and Rose too). It must be really odd filming scenes like this after you've already filmed the end, the same as doing final voiceovers.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 24-10-2011 11:20 PM

(24-10-2011 06:35 PM)loladom Wrote:  Her play has finished now, does she have anything at all in the pipeline anyone know?

She might be appearing on stage again soon, maybe early next year, though we can't say anything yet until the theatre makes a formal announcement. She's also finished filming a small but important part in the new BBC drama, Inside Men, which will be aired next year.

Always check on her fansite for news about Nicola's new projects Smile

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 16-11-2011 11:48 PM

Nicola will guest in episode 2 of Series 9 of New Tricks titled "Old School Ties", which will air sometime in 2012. Tony Gardner, one of the show's actors, just tweeted, "A whole heap of famous actors in the readthrough, but most excited to run into the wonderful Nicola Walker". He subsequently confirmed that the title of the episode. Yahoo

In the meantime, please go to CultBox's website and vote for Nicola as 2011's best actress in UK cult TV. She is now in second position and need all the help she can get from her fans.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - beatrice4ruth - 17-11-2011 12:59 PM

Nicola Walker is the best and she is only third in the best actress poll! Peter Firth is the best and he is only fourth in the best actor poll! I am speechless. Both need all the help they can get from their fans.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - A Cousin - 17-11-2011 02:11 PM

(16-11-2011 11:48 PM)pepelow Wrote:  Nicola will guest in episode 2 of Series 9 of New Tricks titled "Old School Ties", which will air sometime in 2012.

In the meantime, please go to CultBox's website and vote for Nicola as 2011's best actress in UK cult TV. She is now in second position and need all the help she can get from her fans.

Ooh, NW on New Tricks? Good to know. We get that one in the US. Eventually. Alun Armstrong is another one of those actors that I can't get enough of. Especially in his scenes with Susan Jameson. They are great together! Thank you, pepelow!

The Cultbox poll is just a numbers game. Doesn't stop me from voting, though! I am not at all surprised that the cast members of Dr. Who or Merlin have a larger fan base. Not that they are correct in their choice, mind you! Wink We know who the real "Best Actors" are. Silba

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 18-11-2011 12:33 AM

These polls are meant to be something for a bit of a laugh, but then CultBox went and took themselves too seriously by disqualifying the last count and didn't even have the guts to announce this on their own website. They told me that they have already fixed the flaws in their polling system and then threw us another poll to vote on. Guess what, apparently things have not been fixed. How else's did the Merlin boys rack up thousands of votes overnight? It may have started out as a joke, but its not funny any more since fans of the other nominees continue to take thing seriously and exploit flaws in their polling system. In which case, theres no reason why we shouldn't, so please keep voting. The poll is supposed to end on 28 November 2011. Not too many days left.

Alun Armstrong is great, isn't he? He was in An Awfully Big Adventure and Murder in Eden with PF. Smile

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Tea Lady - 20-11-2011 03:50 PM

(16-11-2011 11:48 PM)pepelow Wrote:  Nicola will guest in episode 2 of Series 9 of New Tricks titled "Old School Ties", which will air sometime in 2012. Tony Gardner, one of the show's actors, just tweeted, "A whole heap of famous actors in the readthrough, but most excited to run into the wonderful Nicola Walker". He subsequently confirmed that the title of the episode. Yahoo

Looking forward to this although I have to admit I would have hoped for some news on a bigger part for NW by now. Something more than a "guest role." NW deserves this. Fingers crossed for some news in the next few months.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Gazelle - 20-11-2011 07:21 PM

I agree, it'd be especially great if there's an announcement about a theatre role for Nicola soon.