Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Nicola Walker - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Nicola Walker (/thread-307.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Kirayuki - 13-11-2010 11:16 AM

Slightly irked as someone just beat me to the last ticket when i got to the site. Was available, not longer available. Sad

However I'm hoping i'll be able to turn up and get standing tickets for it. Will be arriving really early if i do in fact go.
(I'm not paying in excess of £25-35 for the train ticket to and from London to not be able to see it! Tongue)

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - DogSoSmall - 16-11-2010 10:01 PM

I've been told by the National that they are extending the run and more tickets will go on sale on November 18th. They assured me that Nicola Walker is remaining in the cast until March, which was slightly alarming, given that we all know she has a much more important place to be come February. Still, I think this is probably just the box office trying to sell tickets, so I shall buy my ticket for January and hope that she is still there.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Tea Lady - 16-11-2010 10:51 PM

(16-11-2010 10:01 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  I've been told by the National that they are extending the run and more tickets will go on sale on November 18th. They assured me that Nicola Walker is remaining in the cast until March, which was slightly alarming, given that we all know she has a much more important place to be come February. Still, I think this is probably just the box office trying to sell tickets, so I shall buy my ticket for January and hope that she is still there.

I think it may have been the NW Forum that tweeted yesterday that the play is going on tour and details will be released next week. They gave the final show as 13 March. Yes, that seems to clash a little with Spooks filming. Perhaps the final dates will be in or around London again, so NW can film Spooks during the day.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Kirayuki - 16-11-2010 11:32 PM

(16-11-2010 10:01 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  I've been told by the National that they are extending the run and more tickets will go on sale on November 18th. They assured me that Nicola Walker is remaining in the cast until March, which was slightly alarming, given that we all know she has a much more important place to be come February. Still, I think this is probably just the box office trying to sell tickets, so I shall buy my ticket for January and hope that she is still there.

You just made my day with that post. I was planning on queuing at the box office and settling for standing tickets but this is fantastic. I shall be online buying my tickets on 18th then. *Keeps eye on web page for new dates*

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - watchstrap - 17-11-2010 03:06 PM

(16-11-2010 10:51 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  

I think it may have been the NW Forum that tweeted yesterday that the play is going on tour and details will be released next week. They gave the final show as 13 March. Yes, that seems to clash a little with Spooks filming. Perhaps the final dates will be in or around London again, so NW can film Spooks during the day.

Yes, with S9 filming, they filmed the MCJ episodes (2+3) first. So NW could still feasibly fit it all in.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Nia M - 17-11-2010 06:26 PM

Am absolutely gutted to have missed out on tickets for Seasons Greetings. Am so hoping they put some extra dates in Smile

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - pepelow - 18-11-2010 12:44 AM

More info from NT about Season's Greetings :

At the Lyttleton, more dates have been added :
In January : 12, 13 (2 shows), 14, 15 (2 shows), 16 (Sunday Matinee), 18 (2 shows)

In February : 4, 5 (2 shows), 6 (Sunday Matinee), 7, 8 (2 shows), 9, 16, 17, 18, 19 (2 shows), 20 (Sunday Matinee), 24, 25, 26 (2 shows), 27 (Sunday Matinee only)

In March : 2, 3, 4, 5 (2 shows), 6, 7, 11, 12 (2 shows) & 13 (Sunday Matinee).

In all, 39 performances have been added, and they're all at the Lyttleton, i.e. in London. If you missed out on a ticket the first time round, or you're still cogitating, you better get a move on soon.

As for Nicola's role, "Rachel", its not a big role but then again this play does have a large ensemble cast. Its an interesting role and I won't say anymore so as not to spoil it for those who are going but have not yet read the play. Smile

Members of the cast will stage an "In conversation with" type 1 hour session, details as follows :

Mark Gatiss Wed 9 Feb
Catherine Tate Thu 17 Feb
David Troughton Fri 25 Feb

all at 3 pm on the day.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - DogSoSmall - 18-11-2010 06:12 PM

Well, I've got my ticket for January, I'm happy to say. Hope other people were successful too.

Must say though I'm still a little worried about the work overlap. It's a lot to expect someone to do a long day of filming and a play in the evening. And there are a lot of matinee performances.

I do hope we're not going to be whopped with some horrendous writing of Ruth out of the script in episode 1 of the next series. That would be high treason!!

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Kirayuki - 18-11-2010 07:03 PM

I really want someone to go with me... but i'm SO tempted to just buy my ticket now anyway and go on my own if need be. (Mother's not happy with the idea).

Do you think it would be possible to catch Nicola at the stage door? I just want to say hi. Blush

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Tea Lady - 18-11-2010 08:57 PM

(18-11-2010 06:12 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  Well, I've got my ticket for January, I'm happy to say. Hope other people were successful too.

Must say though I'm still a little worried about the work overlap. It's a lot to expect someone to do a long day of filming and a play in the evening. And there are a lot of matinee performances.

I do hope we're not going to be whopped with some horrendous writing of Ruth out of the script in episode 1 of the next series. That would be high treason!!

I think I read somewhere (I seem to write this phrase a lot lately) that some NOG's had arranged to meet up with NW after one of her performances and go for a drink. I would guess that one of the questions they will ask her, is about the clash with Spooks filming. Hopefully therefore we will get an answer to what the schedule is, in the next couple of weeks, when they report back on the various forums.

I am sure though, that as it's only a couple of weeks into S10 filming, it could be accomodated somehow. Anyway, NW may not have such a huge roll in the first episode to be filmed perhaps. I think it will be alright though. If the play was continuing into April or May, I think I would be more worried.