Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Nicola Walker - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Nicola Walker (/thread-307.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Kirayuki - 18-11-2010 09:20 PM

Got my tickets for February half term. Smile I'm one happy bunny right now. Vueltasss

(Bank account is crying though Tongue)

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Beatriz - 18-11-2010 09:29 PM

I don't know what to dooooo!!! I will definitely go to London next year and it will be great to see Nicola on stage I'd love that!! But it's too early for me!!

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - DogSoSmall - 18-11-2010 09:53 PM

You're probably right, Tea Lady, and there is a week in February with no shows, so she may start filming during that week.

I'm going to see this play on my own, Kirayuki. Not something I normally do, and I'll probably feel like a bit of a loser, but I've mentioned it to a few people and no-one is interested enough to pay for a ticket. The bank won't stretch to me paying for two at the moment, so I figure once the lights go down, who cares?

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Tea Lady - 18-11-2010 10:09 PM

(18-11-2010 09:53 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  You're probably right, Tea Lady, and there is a week in February with no shows, so she may start filming during that week.

I'm going to see this play on my own, Kirayuki. Not something I normally do, and I'll probably feel like a bit of a loser, but I've mentioned it to a few people and no-one is interested enough to pay for a ticket. The bank won't stretch to me paying for two at the moment, so I figure once the lights go down, who cares?

Go for it DogSoSmall. Loads of people go to these things on their own. I quite often go to the cinema on my own to watch old black and White classic movies, because no one else wants to go. I always feel glad that I've done it, rather than miss out. I have been lucky so far with going to see Spooks stars in plays but it does quite often involve bribery. Smile

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - watchstrap - 18-11-2010 10:33 PM

I know the problem DogSoSmall. I have friends for most of the things I love doing; Shopping friends, Fitness friends; Drinking and Eating friends. But I do struggle with people to go to the theatre with. If my husband complains bitterly about Blythe Spirit on Sat (Brighton), I will just give up on him and pay for someone else to go in future.
Am considering going to Seasons Greetings in the New Year. Have already dressed this up as an exciting outing to London with my daughter.

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Kirayuki - 18-11-2010 10:54 PM

Luckily my mother decided she will come watch with me seeing as she knows the play.
(I mentioned who it was written by and she went 2oh he's funny! I'll go!")
A bit of a feat if you ask me as she's never been to the theater before! (The shame of it!). Tongue

I'm going Monday 21st Feb as mother has the day off work already and it's the start of half term week. Rather lucky for me that the date was available. Looking forward to it already. Smile

(Now all i'm trying to do is figure out what to do about possibly visiting stage door.... Tongue)

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - A Cousin - 19-11-2010 03:30 AM

(18-11-2010 09:53 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  You're probably right, Tea Lady, and there is a week in February with no shows, so she may start filming during that week.

TL is absolutely right. Really. Trust me. I live with an actor. They do it all the time, if they can. They have to take the opportunities when they arise and the double paycheck is nice too. Its tiring and they miss their kids, but it is only for few weeks and then they are back wondering what's next and driving their spouses batty wth their boredom. Thud

If the performances weren't in London and at night for the most part, I'd worry. But they aren't.

Hell yeah, go alone. I do that all the time. Esp. when I make the most of the husband feeling guilty about working two gigs at once! Wink

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - DogSoSmall - 19-11-2010 07:35 PM

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! (and the reassurance, Cousin). I would normally go to things like this with my daughter but for once in her life she wasn't interested. She's a pleb and doesn't know Alan Ayckbourn, so she doesn't appreciate how good it will be. I wanted to go and see it when I heard Catherine Tate was in it, but learning that Nicola was also in the cast clinched it. I think this is the first time in my life that I'm going to see something because of the female cast members rather than the male!!

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Nia M - 23-11-2010 07:10 PM

(18-11-2010 12:44 AM)pepelow Wrote:  More info from NT about Season's Greetings :

At the Lyttleton, more dates have been added :
In January : 12, 13 (2 shows), 14, 15 (2 shows), 16 (Sunday Matinee), 18 (2 shows)

In February : 4, 5 (2 shows), 6 (Sunday Matinee), 7, 8 (2 shows), 9, 16, 17, 18, 19 (2 shows), 20 (Sunday Matinee), 24, 25, 26 (2 shows), 27 (Sunday Matinee only)

In March : 2, 3, 4, 5 (2 shows), 6, 7, 11, 12 (2 shows) & 13 (Sunday Matinee).

In all, 39 performances have been added, and they're all at the Lyttleton, i.e. in London. If you missed out on a ticket the first time round, or you're still cogitating, you better get a move on soon.

As for Nicola's role, "Rachel", its not a big role but then again this play does have a large ensemble cast. Its an interesting role and I won't say anymore so as not to spoil it for those who are going but have not yet read the play. Smile

Members of the cast will stage an "In conversation with" type 1 hour session, details as follows :

Mark Gatiss Wed 9 Feb
Catherine Tate Thu 17 Feb
David Troughton Fri 25 Feb

all at 3 pm on the day.
Oh my goodness, thank you so much for letting us know about this!! Big Grin

RE: [spoilers] Nicola Walker - Silktie - 27-11-2010 06:32 AM

Short interview with NW by the Financial Times Foodies here:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/f50a79ce-f761-11df-8b42-00144feab49a.html#axzz16R6n9wke

Hahaha! I would've burst into tears at the sight of that meal too...

She's so funny.