Spooks Forum
Spooks and Twitter - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Spooks and Twitter (/thread-320.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Spooks and Twitter - kirmostar - 25-01-2010 08:12 AM

No historical characters? What is Harry talking about?

RE: Spooks and Twitter - JHyde - 25-01-2010 09:02 AM

Guy of Gisborne, methinks.
I must admit that it's the only thing that bothers me about Harry and Ruth's tweeting and it's crept into Ros' too - the poor spelling. It isn't so much my pedantry but more that Harry and Ruth and Ros would be able to spell.

I hasten to add that I really enjoy what they bring to the experience. Plus they're really nice Smile

RE: Spooks and Twitter - aquamarine - 25-01-2010 09:39 AM

(25-01-2010 09:02 AM)JHyde Wrote:  Guy of Gisborne, methinks.
I must admit that it's the only thing that bothers me about Harry and Ruth's tweeting and it's crept into Ros' too - the poor spelling. It isn't so much my pedantry but more that Harry and Ruth and Ros would be able to spell.

I hasten to add that I really enjoy what they bring to the experience. Plus they're really nice Smile

It's worth at look at @Home_Secretary2 - doesn't tweet much but some nice exchanges between him and Ros
I agree about the spelling! (but then I am the pedant who punctuates text messages...) Blush

RE: Spooks and Twitter - JHyde - 25-01-2010 09:43 AM

Yeah me too. I really do mean it when I say that it's just a minor annoyance. They are such fun and lately Ros, Harry and Ruth have had their own mini episode playing out. Ros has just bundled the bad guy into the boot of her car.

Just another thing to help tide us over until season 9.....

RE: Spooks and Twitter - aquamarine - 25-01-2010 10:12 AM

I'm still laughing about the time when Ros was sending morse code messages through her life support machines when the whole thing started!

Don't know if you allow a quick self-pimp for twitter (delete this if not!)but I'm @aquamarine_jo if anyone might be remotely interested... I don't tweet much (so won't fill your page!) and it's mostly about TV, and lately mostly about Being Human...

RE: Spooks and Twitter - deathbymascara - 25-01-2010 04:55 PM

Malcolm made me laugh so much.. I acccidentally DM'd all my followers a link to a poll I did (yeah sorry about that it annoys me too but I forgot to uncheck the box Angry )
Well anyway the q was
Quote: Hey Malcolm, I just voted "Taylor Swift" on "Who Has The Best Voice?" Vote now: http://bit.ly/7RQ54r
(what can I say I was bored I do stuff like this when I am bored Confused)

And he dm'd me back..

Quote: Thank you, dear friend... I think I might agree with you. But it's a shame I can't vote for Maria Callas or Carol Decker.

That did make me lol

RE: Spooks and Twitter - JHyde - 25-01-2010 05:00 PM

Oh that's you!!!!!

That's pretty clever, I can see him being a Maria Callas fan. Nice choice. Maybe Cecelia Bartoli or Elizabeth Swarzkopf was well....

RE: Spooks and Twitter - deathbymascara - 25-01-2010 05:19 PM

Well I have to admit I had to google these names soon as though I am about as cultured as a newt.
But still I find that hilarious I love Malcolm!!

And that is me haha @Doowapp I am very new to twitter aha
I think I sent you a message.. YFM made me a list of all you guys that had twitter and the correesponding spooks/ twitter names bless her ( I do think this revision ban is not good for her metality Tongue ) (and when she reads this I hope she knows I am only joking!

But back on topic, I loved reading Ros' tweets about tracking down and interrogating that guy this morning. And Ruth and Zoe's little chats I find sweet!

RE: Spooks and Twitter - Nia M - 25-01-2010 05:34 PM

Am sorely tempted to get Twitter, but how addictive can it get?

RE: Spooks and Twitter - deathbymascara - 25-01-2010 05:38 PM

You should get it! It is definitely worth it.. and yes it can get addictive but you get to talk to lots and lots of people and its fun so addictive is a good thing in my eyes Tongue