Spooks Forum
For those who were inspired last night..... - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: For those who were inspired last night..... (/thread-337.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

For those who were inspired last night..... - Nitrus - 05-11-2009 03:13 PM

.... maybe this is up your street: https://www.mi5.gov.uk/careers/browse_jobs.html

Hehe. Tongue

RE: For those who were inspired last night..... - Asjenw - 05-11-2009 06:00 PM

Can't find "field agent".. Tongue

RE: For those who were inspired last night..... - almh - 05-11-2009 06:18 PM

Don't tempt me Tongue I did just check to see the age limit - Just one and a half years until I can apply Tongue

Just read some of the jobs - Oracle Professional? I stupidly thought it was people who could see into the future, and so could predict terror attacks. Oh dear.

And look what I just found at the bottom of the "guide to the recruitment process" section:

Quote:Do you offer work experience opportunities, placements or sponsorship opportunities?
No. For security reasons we are unable to do this.
Seriously lol.

RE: For those who were inspired last night..... - Beatriz - 05-11-2009 11:03 PM

(05-11-2009 06:18 PM)almh Wrote:  Don't tempt me Tongue I did just check to see the age limit - Just one and a half years until I can apply Tongue

Just read some of the jobs - Oracle Professional? I stupidly thought it was people who could see into the future, and so could predict terror attacks. Oh dear.

And look what I just found at the bottom of the "guide to the recruitment process" section:

Quote:Do you offer work experience opportunities, placements or sponsorship opportunities?
No. For security reasons we are unable to do this.
Seriously lol.

lol

Almh, seriously, I'll be disappointed if you don't apply Wink if I have to wait one year and a half, I'll wait!! Big Grin

RE: For those who were inspired last night..... - bertowud - 06-11-2009 01:01 AM

I'm not too sure they accept Americans. Then again, my wife does have duel citizenship.

RE: For those who were inspired last night..... - JHyde - 06-11-2009 01:30 AM

I'm pretty sure they only take British citizens, and I think you even need to have a bloodline based there!

RE: For those who were inspired last night..... - almh - 06-11-2009 06:46 AM

I can't actually apply, I've worked out, because I've told so many people I love Spooks and spy stuff, that they'd know I was a spy! I think I failed the whole part of 'keeping your intention to join MI5 a secret,' part. But if I did apply, you would be the first... hang on, official secrets act, you will never know!

You do need to have strong links to Britain, and I think it is that you need to have a blood relative.

Quote: I'm not too sure they accept Americans. Then again, my wife does have duel citizenship.

Then your wife can be a spy! Wink

RE: For those who were inspired last night..... - RoninExec - 06-11-2009 09:25 AM

It's about UK residency too.

RE: For those who were inspired last night..... - bertowud - 06-11-2009 03:26 PM

I can't believe I misspelled dual.

I figure if I couldn't get an interview with the CIA when I got out of college, I don't really expect MI5 or MI6 to even consider me. Especially considering the whole citizenship / residency issue.

Then again my wife could already be in MI6 and just here spying on me. Not sure why though.

My wife wouldn't really qualify either. She was born on Lake Heath Air Force Base in the 70s. Her dad was in the US Military at the time.

RE: For those who were inspired last night..... - almh - 06-11-2009 05:19 PM

She's spying on you because the CIA are that worried you're a spy because you are a moderator on a forum about a British spy show - they think that you already work for MI5 (or 6)!!! Wink