Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Too many deaths? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Too many deaths? (/thread-406.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: [spoilers] Too many deaths? - almh - 25-11-2009 06:26 PM

Yeah, I miss the meeting scenes! Sad

I think they should hold out on deaths until at least the next series (Wink hint hint BBc,) so they regain the stun factor again.

RE: [spoilers] Too many deaths? - JHyde - 25-11-2009 06:27 PM

Yeah, the conference room scenes are some of the best! I do miss those. Another reason why the odd death or leaving isn't a bad thing but too many is a problem. When the original cast members all left staggered over season 3, there were people in place to step in.

RE: [spoilers] Too many deaths? - almh - 25-11-2009 06:29 PM

Yeah, you're right.

I hope they have a conference scene soon - I saw a spoiler photo of one I think, and we haven't had one yet (well, the photo contained both Harry and Ruth, so I guess we can't really count 8.1)

RE: [spoilers] Too many deaths? - Beatriz - 25-11-2009 06:32 PM

We want more conference scenes!!!! Smile

I think another killing this season will be too much!! We will be running out of officers!!

At the end of episode 3 the numbers were: 3 episodes, one murder of a field officer and one retirement, and 2 "new" officers but none of them field officers.

RE: [spoilers] Too many deaths? - Asjenw - 25-11-2009 07:15 PM

Could there be coming a new field agent this season? There are no new names at the credits, but that doesn't prove anything..

Which person do you want to join Spooks? I'm making a new thread for this question, to keep this thread ontopic.

RE: [spoilers] Too many deaths? - lwhite53 - 25-11-2009 07:16 PM

I agree with all -- deaths are a part of the show, but so are new faces. Hire some new spooks, please! Also, the conference room scenes were a great way to see interactions between the characters and served almost as team-building exercises. The story lines thus far in series 8 have tended to isolate each team member at a critical moment. It's as if they're all off on their own tangents, with Harry as the puppet master.

RE: [spoilers] Too many deaths? - JHyde - 25-11-2009 08:41 PM

So the consensus is actually quite unified: deaths are OK, for the most part, but we need new people on the Grid.

I should rephrase that: deaths are OK, as long as they're not Harry or Ruth, right almh? Smile

RE: [spoilers] Too many deaths? - almh - 25-11-2009 08:45 PM

Thank you Smile I like you Wink I agree to both parts.

RE: [spoilers] Too many deaths? - lwhite53 - 26-11-2009 01:32 AM

All in favor? Aye.

RE: [spoilers] Too many deaths? - almh - 26-11-2009 06:44 AM

Aye Wink