Spooks Forum
Which person should join Spooks? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Which person should join Spooks? (/thread-408.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Which person should join Spooks? - Asjenw - 25-11-2009 07:16 PM

Don't have to explain, the title says it all;
Which person do you want to see as the new field agent? Preferably a completely new person, not a retired one Smile

RE: Which person should join Spooks? - almh - 25-11-2009 07:29 PM

I had this discussion with my mum before series 8 started, but the problem is that I really don't watch enough tv to see more good actors and actresses, and so really answer this question. What I would say is that I think who ever joined, I'd like to see their character to be newish to the whole world of spies, but not new. Maybe they're on secondment or they've just moved from a different section. It just feels like most of the people on the Grid are old hands at this, and maybe they need a newer person.

RE: Which person should join Spooks? - lwhite53 - 25-11-2009 07:41 PM

Maybe some younger field agents who have a very different world view to Harry's -- post-Cold War politics, less involved in Northern Ireland issues, lives more touched by Middle East wars. Could provide an interest counterpoint and give Harry some trouble.

RE: Which person should join Spooks? - almh - 25-11-2009 07:43 PM

Like we need anyone to do that! The politicians usually manage that just fine, and occasionally he gets in a spat with Lucas or Ros. But I get your point - I think that would actually be a really interesting idea. Kudos, look this way!

RE: Which person should join Spooks? - femaleBertieWooster - 25-11-2009 07:48 PM

I'm sure there is no end to the actors who would love to do a cameo for 2-3 episodes (and keep their mouths shut about how long they'd be staying.)

I think they could even get Danial Craig to do a walk on if they wanted.

RE: Which person should join Spooks? - almh - 25-11-2009 07:50 PM

Oooh!!! Now wouldn't that be an awesome idea!

RE: Which person should join Spooks? - lwhite53 - 25-11-2009 07:51 PM

(25-11-2009 07:43 PM)almh Wrote:  Like we need anyone to do that! The politicians usually manage that just fine, and occasionally he gets in a spat with Lucas or Ros. But I get your point - I think that would actually be a really interesting idea. Kudos, look this way!

A lot of the time, I think that the present characters all see the world and world events from the same perspective and with the same bias. I think it would be interesting to have agents with different biases
Spoiler: show
(kinda' like Ros when she was with Yalta, but not as drastic).

Or how about some agents who were immigrants from the Darfur region or ex-boy soldiers from Somalia -- certainly a different world view!

RE: Which person should join Spooks? - Beatriz - 25-11-2009 07:55 PM

That's a good question! mmmm IMO:
- Must be a field officer (we all agree on that I think)
- sympathetic now that
Spoiler: show
Jo is dead we need a more humane person to counteract Ros and Lucas
- And agreed an agent with different backgrounds and experiences

As to actors that may play the role, I'm not sure, I don't know many British actors, I liked John Simm in LoM (someone mention him in other thread)

(OMG I'm so slow writing!! Now there are 3 more posts!! Confused)

RE: Which person should join Spooks? - almh - 25-11-2009 08:06 PM

No Beatriz, I think we're all just keen Big Grin John Simm is a good idea... I think we might need a woman, not meaning to be sexist, but it makes it more even. Typically women are more compassionate, so if we're looking for someone compassionate...

Then again, if it's someone to contrast Harry they just need someone who has strong beliefs, like Harry, and sticks to them. But in a way they have that with everyone on the team (except maybe Tariq, although he hasn't really been in a fight off with anyone on the Grid yet.)

RE: Which person should join Spooks? - Nitrus - 25-11-2009 08:07 PM

John Simm.. everytime.