Spooks Forum
Which person should join Spooks? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Which person should join Spooks? (/thread-408.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Which person should join Spooks? - JHyde - 25-11-2009 08:38 PM

We need an Arabic speaking field officer, without a doubt. We don't know if Tariq speaks Arabic, but he's already doing 2 jobs.

The problem is, it can't be a woman to do the usual infiltration jobs into Al Queda cells. Because women generally don't run those missions except in Gaza for Hamas. So it would have to be different. Hmmmm......I feel fan fic coming on.

RE: Which person should join Spooks? - almh - 25-11-2009 08:39 PM

Yay, JHyde, write some fanfic!!!

Ros speaks Arabic doesn't she, and Ruth seems to speak whatever language the episode requires!

RE: Which person should join Spooks? - JHyde - 25-11-2009 08:46 PM

Yeah, but Ruth's not a field officer. I mean, I love her to death, but her talents lie elsewhere, just as Malcolm's did.

I think Ros can recognize it, but that would be it. The same way I can recognize Tamil, for example, but I can't speak, I only catch certain phrases. I think you mean
Spoiler: show
in 5.6/7 when Ros was talking to the Mossad agent. She was just saying that his Arabic wasn't completely authentic because he sounded like a Yemini Jew she'd once known.

RE: Which person should join Spooks? - almh - 25-11-2009 08:48 PM

No actually, I think I may have just read somewhere in a fanfiction actually. I need to stop doing that, sorry!

RE: Which person should join Spooks? - lwhite53 - 26-11-2009 01:23 AM

How about an MI5 agent of Chinese descent, a woman? China has clearly become a world power and in ep 8.4 Walker specifically mentioned that there were Chinese among the rogue agents so we know Chinese intelligence plays some role in the Basel meeting.

RE: Which person should join Spooks? - almh - 26-11-2009 06:47 AM

Oooh, that's a good idea. But it does mean that John Simm wouldn't get the job on Spooks then Sad (Or would Daniel Craig Sad Sad )

RE: Which person should join Spooks? - Beatriz - 26-11-2009 09:07 AM

hahaha

And how about a Spanish girl? MEE!! Smile I'd love that!!

RE: Which person should join Spooks? - lwhite53 - 26-11-2009 05:04 PM

(26-11-2009 09:07 AM)Beatriz Wrote:  hahaha

And how about a Spanish girl? MEE!! Smile I'd love that!!

LOL. There's still that pesky little requirement about being a UK citizen.Tongue

RE: Which person should join Spooks? - Beatriz - 26-11-2009 05:09 PM

Dammit!! Wink

RE: Which person should join Spooks? - lwhite53 - 26-11-2009 05:21 PM

(26-11-2009 05:09 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  Dammit!! Wink

But if they ever have need for a Spanish liaison officer, you'd probably be top of the list!Big Grin