Spooks Forum
Spooky Holidays - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Spooky Holidays (/thread-409.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Spooky Holidays - Beatriz - 14-12-2009 01:13 PM

Christmas Hawaiian shirt? LOL I never thought I'd see those words together!!

RE: Spooky Holidays - JHyde - 14-12-2009 01:52 PM

They might actually be fashionable in Florida, I have no idea. You and I only have Dexter to go by Beatriz Smile

When you consider how hot it is there, and where Silktie is, and where I am, lightweight clothing isn't a bad idea. I do know that a really cool pair of board shorts is one of the best presents going here.

Finally finished the selection of songs for my Christmas mix CD. Major decisions. To explain, it's a little like Silktie's family philosophy. I like to make a mix CD of favourite songs (some from the year just gone, some old favourites, there are lots of little rules) so that I can give all my friends something that is really personal and inexpensive.

I'm the middle of making the covers for the CDs now and they're so cool! They're made to look as professional as I can make them.

RE: Spooky Holidays - bertowud - 14-12-2009 02:04 PM

Fashionable isn't the word I'd use.

We had one Christmas we went swimming. The following year it was just below zero degrees F. One consistent thing about Florida weather is you can count on it to not be consistent.

Cool! Do we get to see samples of the covers? Maybe a list of the songs?

RE: Spooky Holidays - JHyde - 14-12-2009 02:13 PM

I'm hoping to show you the cover but I'm not really a photos person, so I don't even own a camera. I have a disposable I'm trying to use up so I'll see what I can manage.

I will be posting the final list on the music thread shortly. A thread I've studiously been avoiding for fear of boring you all to tears at least 3 times a day.

I have my own little Christmas tree in my room now made today. It's a tree branch as I wanted something enviromentally friendly and small enough, and it has tiny fairy lights and small glassblown angels.

RE: Spooky Holidays - lwhite53 - 14-12-2009 02:34 PM

(14-12-2009 01:52 PM)JHyde Wrote:  When you consider how hot it is there, and where Silktie is, and where I am, lightweight clothing isn't a bad idea. I do know that a really cool pair of board shorts is one of the best presents going here.

God, the idea of warm and sunny on Christmas is just so lovely.Smile And being able to wear shorts -- my idea of heaven.Big Grin

RE: Spooky Holidays - JHyde - 14-12-2009 02:36 PM

One of the things I've loved about this thread is discovering how many of us covet things other people have at Christmas. I think a lot of it is that many of us want a change sometimes from what we've known as Christmas, more so than many times of year, is all about TRADITION in scary capital letters.

RE: Spooky Holidays - Silktie - 14-12-2009 03:39 PM

(14-12-2009 01:52 PM)JHyde Wrote:  I'm the middle of making the covers for the CDs now and they're so cool! They're made to look as professional as I can make them.

Do they all have Harry on them, JHyde? Big Grin Really cool Christmas gift idea though!

RE: Spooky Holidays - JHyde - 14-12-2009 03:51 PM

They don't sadly.....I might use a Harry quote as inspiration next year. I should really do that.

This year's inspiration came from my name's origin which is both Greek and Gaelic and the cover reflects that - it's called Attic Language which is a colloquialism for Ancient Greek. I really love this year's cover actually. The mix is very happy, very positive, very dance-around-the-house-in-your-undies-cleaning oriented (don't take that too literally) and I've included an insert which lists famous people in attics throughout time, space and fiction. The song list is up on the music thread. I only finalised it today/tonight/this morning.....I'm very happy with it.

And I'm making potato print on recycled brown paper to wrap them in. I haven't done that since preschool, I thought it might be fun. Shopping for supplies tomorrow.

It's not always sunny here though. It can sometimes be very hot and muggy and rainy. They're the worst.

RE: Spooky Holidays - YourFutureMuse - 14-12-2009 04:21 PM

I LOVE christmas lol Tongue i finally convinced my parents to let me have the decs up this weekend ( i have been asking since early November lol) and now there is not a bit of furniture in my house that has not been adorned with tinsel or really garish lights Big GrinBig Grin naturally my family now hate me lol but i LOVE it!
I have also sorted all my xmas presents over the weekend which is good cos I am usually a last minute person and I love that feeling when you have a perfect gift for someone Big GrinD
I am going to my school's Xmas party on Sunday dressed as a reindeer Tongue ... for some reason a green reindeer lol.. but I cannot wait Big Grin

RE: Spooky Holidays - JHyde - 14-12-2009 04:23 PM

Any reason why you chose a green reindeer?

Is your family tripping over the decorations? Because then I could understand their distress.