Spooks Forum
Spooky Holidays - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Spooky Holidays (/thread-409.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Spooky Holidays - bertowud - 22-12-2009 02:20 PM

Gah! I just saw the updated weather forecast for Friday. It's supposed to be rainy and warm.

I'm dreaming of a wet Christmas. Not!

RE: Spooky Holidays - almh - 22-12-2009 02:22 PM

Well I'm getting rain so I'm just getting a typical wet and cold British Christmas Sad Hopefully the snow will stick around for a bit longer - it's only until Friday!

RE: Spooky Holidays - JHyde - 22-12-2009 02:26 PM

It will rain here too. Fortunately there are parts of my state that could really use it.

SNOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!

RE: Spooky Holidays - bertowud - 22-12-2009 02:33 PM

At least lwhite53 will have a white Christmas.

Just remember "Don't bring a gun to a snowball fight".

RE: Spooky Holidays - JHyde - 22-12-2009 02:36 PM

This is a British based forum, you blessed fool. Only dorks like me who read international papers will get that.

Just google it guys. It is pretty funny.

You wanted to say that all day, didn't you bertowud?!

RE: Spooky Holidays - bertowud - 22-12-2009 02:41 PM

I have been dying to say it. It happened in lwhite53's neck of the woods. It's not just funny, it's stupid too.

You know it's going to become an internet meme. Now I'm going to have to yell at myself for taking this thread off topic.

My sister who also lives up near Washington DC can't even get out the door of her basement apartment they've had so much snow.

One of these years I'm going to hire one of those trucks that makes snow so my kids can have one white Christmas. Of course my idea of a white Christmas is white sand on the beach.

RE: Spooky Holidays - JHyde - 22-12-2009 02:44 PM

It's my thread, it's OK. And yes, that will end up in an action movie. I knew you were waiting to use it!

I just found out my favourite organist, who's like family to me, won't be playing for me on Christmas Eve, so I'm a bit sad about that. It won't be quite the same without her. But she's pretty old so it's hard for her.

RE: Spooky Holidays - bertowud - 22-12-2009 02:49 PM

It's almost as bad as "Don't tase me bro!".

That's sad. Nothing quite like working with people you enjoy working with whether it's paid work or volunteer work or hobby work.

RE: Spooky Holidays - JHyde - 22-12-2009 02:51 PM

"DON'T TASE ME, BRO!" - gotta love it. God, we're old.

Yeah. Her playing for me is magical. It's one of my favourite parts about Christmas.

The people I'm on with over the holiday are pretty good, with only one main exception. We'll have a good time. Shouldn't be too hectic even with fewer of us at the paper, but I really pity my medico friends on nightshifts over the holiday.

RE: Spooky Holidays - lwhite53 - 22-12-2009 03:54 PM

(22-12-2009 02:33 PM)bertowud Wrote:  At least lwhite53 will have a white Christmas.

Just remember "Don't bring a gun to a snowball fight".

And there is more snow predicted for Thursday/Friday, both here and in NYC -- I can't seem to escape it. All of you should pm your addresses to me and I'll send you some, "special delivery."

The fool with the gun is all over the news -- an undercover detective, yet. I'd say his career just went south.Dodgy But, hey, we have gun vetting here, so we must be doing something right.Rolleyes