Spooks Forum
Spooky Holidays - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Spooky Holidays (/thread-409.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Spooky Holidays - Tea Lady - 22-12-2009 03:55 PM

(22-12-2009 02:33 PM)bertowud Wrote:  Just remember "Don't bring a gun to a snowball fight".

That story has already made it onto the news over here. Sky News and BBC News 24 have both shown the clip about 50 times today. I dont see what is wrong with wanting to shoot someone who throws a snowball at you !!

RE: Spooky Holidays - TygerBright - 22-12-2009 03:59 PM

just imagine for a sec how stupid he would have looked though had it been the other way round...

RE: Spooky Holidays - lwhite53 - 22-12-2009 04:00 PM

I'd say it was a slight over reaction, especially for a police officer! Given the number of guns floating around in the general population, he could have started a fire fight. Not too far fetched, unfortunately.

RE: Spooky Holidays - JHyde - 22-12-2009 04:01 PM

lwhite53, I already asked Nitrus and another friend in Ohio to post me some. It might be possible, I don't know, given how little contact I've actually had with snow in my life.

Very dumb, especially given how many guns are floating around in the US. Less so in Tea Lady's part of the world.

I really want to learn to snowboard. That would be an awesome Christmas.

Not a fan of snow fights Tea Lady?

Interesting sidepoint - for me anyway - Bjork's Vespertine could seriously pass for a Christmas CD. I think it's all the bells and choral work on it. So if you like really good music and are sick of carols, give it a spin.

RE: Spooky Holidays - Tea Lady - 22-12-2009 04:09 PM

Guns are floating around more and more in England these days unfortunately JHyde. I dont mind a good snow ball fight even with my reserved English ways, but I dont like some scrote of a kid throwing one at you when you are just walking down the shops to purchase a loaf of bread. You should come to Sevenoaks JHyde if you want snow. There is plenty here. Just bring a shovel and some salt.

RE: Spooky Holidays - bertowud - 22-12-2009 04:13 PM

Snowboarding at Christmas. Hmmm.....

Maybe he should have used a taser. The guy will definitely never live it down.

RE: Spooky Holidays - lwhite53 - 22-12-2009 04:15 PM

I wasn't that kind of a snowball fight -- throw and run away. About 100 people gathered in downtown Wash, DC to have some fun and play in the snow. They were throwing snowballs at each other and also hitting passing cars -- apparently they chose to single out Hummers. The guy in question was driving by in his Hummer and the car was hit. He got out of his car, drew his weapon and tried to find out which of the 100 people pelted the car. Smart thing would have been to keep on driving, like every other car had done.

RE: Spooky Holidays - JHyde - 22-12-2009 04:15 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean. Bloody things.

It's like that with hoses here. There's always a smartarsed kid who wants to start their own wet t-shirt comp when I'm around for some reason.

I haven't seen the video, but yeah, I got that sense about how it got started. I imagine they can quite dangerous if they're iced with water before they're thrown too.

"DON'T TASE ME BRO!"

RE: Spooky Holidays - bertowud - 22-12-2009 04:26 PM

(22-12-2009 04:15 PM)JHyde Wrote:  "DON'T TASE ME BRO!"
My alma mater.

Yeah, the guy should have kept moving and definitely not drawn his weapon. He'll be very lucky if he doesn't lose his job over this.

RE: Spooky Holidays - JHyde - 22-12-2009 04:29 PM

I really want to make a joke about not being old enough to be your alma mater, but I think that falls under the category of dragging threads of topic.

Did we ever come up with a worst christmas song winner?