Spooks Forum
Spooky Holidays - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Spooky Holidays (/thread-409.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Spooky Holidays - bertowud - 22-12-2009 04:33 PM

Wouldn't that me my mater alma? I think this train derailed an hour ago.

I'd nominate the Barbra Streisand version of Jingle Bells.

RE: Spooky Holidays - JHyde - 22-12-2009 04:38 PM

Oooh good choice. I will see your Streisand and raise you The Smashing Pumpkins' Christmastime, which is a little creepy. And I LOVED this band for YEARS.

I love nerdy Latin jokes. Probably because I'm the butt of many of them.

RE: Spooky Holidays - Nitrus - 22-12-2009 04:41 PM

Can I suggest the funniest Christmas song?

Gotta love Weird Al!

RE: Spooky Holidays - TygerBright - 22-12-2009 05:30 PM

personally, Wham!'s "Last Christmas" has been making me want to run and/or scream for over 20 years now.. but worst.. hm. I think The Hoff's "Freedom for the World" is pretty much top on my list.. for some unfathomable reason it's included in many Christmas compilations...

RE: Spooky Holidays - bertowud - 23-12-2009 01:37 AM

Oooo Hoff. Wait! You're German. Aren't you required by law to love The Hoff?

RE: Spooky Holidays - TygerBright - 23-12-2009 02:00 AM

gah, you got me!
yeah, I guess the Japanese and we are his bread and butter (or Bourbon) but strangely enough most people I personally know who worship him (and that's no BS, I've seen them build shrines for him) are either English, Irish, or Brazilian.
I know it's a bit ungrateful towards a man who single-handedly (or -voicedly) brought down the Berlin Wall and changed political systems but I admit I can't stand him. As an "actor" I could ignore him and just not watch Knightrider or Baywatch (I wouldn't have had he not been in it Smile) but as a "singer" you can't avoid him because people tend to just play his songs without considering the torturous implications...
uurrghgh.

RE: Spooky Holidays - bertowud - 23-12-2009 02:08 AM

LMAO! You're too funny. I remember when they tried to promote him as a singer here. It fell 100% flat.

Don't forget Young and the Restless. Of course I did like Knight Rider, but then again I was 8 when that show started.

I actually got the 3" action figure with KITT (the car from Knight Rider) for Christmas one year. I also got the General Lee (the car from Dukes of Hazzard) with Bo & Luke the year before.

Baywatch. Not so much.

RE: Spooky Holidays - TygerBright - 23-12-2009 02:16 AM

LOL - I was a few years older when Knight Rider came out but being East German I could easily avoid it by not watching West German channels.
Funnily enough, most Germans, regardless of age, publicly make fun of the Hoff and not even Ros would get them to admit that they like his films, tv shows and songs but secretly I suspect quite a few of them of having all his albums and the box sets of Baywatch (although probably for entirely different reasons Smile)

OMG - just found (out about) the HoffSpace. Is there no sense and dignity in this world?!?

RE: Spooky Holidays - YourFutureMuse - 23-12-2009 03:26 AM

I think the worst Xmas song for me would be All I want for christmas Mariah Carey version - I think it just is way too overplayed lol
However I did not know the Hoff had a CHristmas song but I doubt I even need to listen to it to vote it as the worst lol Tongue

RE: Spooky Holidays - JHyde - 23-12-2009 04:20 AM

You're not missing out it's pretty bad.