Spooks Forum
Spooky Holidays - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Spooky Holidays (/thread-409.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Spooky Holidays - JHyde - 24-12-2009 04:14 PM

Given I'm up to 3 days on a couple of hours of sleep, I wish I could. But I'm at work, not too bad apart from my exhaustion. I was in charge of organizing music for the office tonight, a task I am uniquely suited for.

Sang at Mass earlier and missed my organist's magic. Her replacement was barely adequate. And more than the usual complement of people to annoy me. Usually what I love about singing there is the sense of belonging and being part of something special, which I rarely have, and I think many people would say the same. It wasn't Christmas without her.

YFM, I also giggled right at the end of Mass when this little boy brazenly walked up to the altar while the priest was talking about experiencing Christmas as a child. He started to play with the Nativity scene and the priest stopped and looked at him and I couldn't suppress a giggle. The poor priest had me right in his eyeline up in the gallery, and it was more of a guffaw, if I'm truthful, so he probably thought I was laughing at him. I meant to apologise afterwards but forgot in my fatigued state.

RE: Spooky Holidays - bertowud - 24-12-2009 04:30 PM

The priest was probably wondering where that kid's parents were.

I think giggling at Christmas mass is probably going to be added as the 8th deadly sin now.

RE: Spooky Holidays - JHyde - 24-12-2009 04:33 PM

Nah, he was cool. I'm just overly apologetic.

And yes, I think he was wondering the same thing. I never wandered at Mass I just used to fall asleep. Until I was about 10, in fact.

And if Santa's bringing me anything, it will be a lump of coal, I suspect. My sister might possibly have something for me.

RE: Spooky Holidays - bertowud - 24-12-2009 04:36 PM

I'm still threatening my daughter with the naughty list. I told her this morning she was still on the nice list, but if she did one bad thing today it would push her over to the naughty list.

RE: Spooky Holidays - YourFutureMuse - 24-12-2009 04:43 PM

Haha thats cruel Tongue Can you imagine being switched on to the naughty list the day before christmas :-O haha

I used to be really horrible to my parents cos in my eyes they didn't buy me the presents, santa did Big GrinBig Grin

RE: Spooky Holidays - bertowud - 24-12-2009 04:49 PM

She's convinced I have the Santa hot line number. Of course she's been watching him on the noradsanta.org site all morning, so she knows he's too busy to take his call.

I reminded her I could take her presents away after Santa brought them. That straightened her right up.

RE: Spooky Holidays - YourFutureMuse - 24-12-2009 04:53 PM

haha thats so cute Smile I wish that there was still someone in my family that believed in Santa... Even my 7 year old cousin doesn't Sad Lol I was babysitting and asked her what she had asked Santa for and she came sidling up to me in a really confidential grown up way and whispered in my ear that santa wasn't actually real... bless her!! I was shocked - I believed in him for ageess, I am just to gullible... :/
Haha the way I wrote that makes it sound like I believed in Santa until she told me last week haha oh dear..

RE: Spooky Holidays - Beatriz - 24-12-2009 05:22 PM

Ok, I haven't read the last couple of pages of this thread (I will when I have time), just a quick post to wish you MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!! Heart

Have a good time and be careful with the drinking Wink

RE: Spooky Holidays - TygerBright - 24-12-2009 06:43 PM

(24-12-2009 05:22 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  Ok, I haven't read the last couple of pages of this thread (I will when I have time), just a quick post to wish you MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!! Heart

Have a good time and be careful with the drinking Wink

and Feliz Navidad (not the Celine Dion version tho Smile) ... and careful with the drinking, make sure you don't spill any Big Grin

RE: Spooky Holidays - almh - 24-12-2009 07:39 PM

Merry Christmas one and all Smile (Technically I've been to church, so technically Christmas for me started about half an hour ago Tongue 5 hours early, hehe...)