Spooks Forum
Spooky Holidays - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Spooky Holidays (/thread-409.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Spooky Holidays - kirmostar - 27-12-2009 09:18 AM

We've had a huge amount of snow fall overnight up here in Scotland. My first thought was worry that we can't get rid of my Mum on the train!!! Horrible huh but after a few days you need your space! Anyway we've phoned and the trains seem to be fine. Fill the fridge with beers.............. Big Grin

RE: Spooky Holidays - JHyde - 28-12-2009 04:50 AM

Has your mum left yet??

And what's everyone doing for NYE? I'll have a nice glass of red and read my new book until I have to go to work (where I'm betting everyone will be a little drunk anyway) and then the next morning laugh at all the people just getting home on the train in various states of disrepair.

RE: Spooky Holidays - kirmostar - 28-12-2009 07:15 AM

Yes we packed her away on the earlier train just in case!!! We're going to a party on NYE - (or Hogmanay as it's known around these parts) I'm off 1st 2nd and 3rd so that calls for some lemonades.

RE: Spooky Holidays - almh - 28-12-2009 09:52 AM

My family don't really celebrate New Years Day/Eve so chances are we'll do nothing, and I'll only stay up until midnight if I forget to sleep (it has been known to happen when I'm doing something on the computer and I don't look at the clock...)

RE: Spooky Holidays - Beatriz - 28-12-2009 11:27 AM

After having the 12 grapes, of course Tongue I'm going out in NYE with my friends, I usually go to a party but this year we've decided we'll go to the same pubs and bars as every weekend and we'll see.
We'll end (as I told you before) having breakfast: hot chocolate and "churros" Big Grin And yes, that night I'll put on my high-heeled shoes Wink which is not very advisable if you're going to drink... but it's NYE! Big Grin

RE: Spooky Holidays - YourFutureMuse - 28-12-2009 01:38 PM

This year I have to go to a chinese restaurant with my whole entire family, where they are also holding a 'disco' Undecided Oh dear! Usually I go to a party with my friends and my parents let me do what I want but this year they have gone all control freak on me :-|. And it is really formal dress and I will have to wear my really long prom dress because its the only formal dress I own and I always trip over it... So I am reallly not looking forward to NY's this year when usually I prefer it to christmas... Sad

RE: Spooky Holidays - bertowud - 28-12-2009 01:58 PM

(27-12-2009 03:23 AM)JHyde Wrote:  TRADITION seems to just cow everyone at this time of year. There's nothing wrong with changing things and making your own, new tricks.
I think that's one of the interesting things about getting married. You have to somehow merge traditions from two different families and create a few of your own. My wife's family has to have Shirley Temples at Thanksgiving. I can't stand 7Up or Grenadine, so I get a Dr. Pepper.

(27-12-2009 09:18 AM)kirmostar Wrote:  We've had a huge amount of snow fall overnight up here in Scotland. My first thought was worry that we can't get rid of my Mum on the train!!! Horrible huh but after a few days you need your space! Anyway we've phoned and the trains seem to be fine. Fill the fridge with beers.............. Big Grin

As Ben Franklin said, "Fish and visitors smell after three days."

RE: Spooky Holidays - Nitrus - 28-12-2009 03:19 PM

I'm still working on NYE, I've been invited to Sheffield for a party, but I can't afford the train fare. I reckon i'll find a pub with some mates and get drunk and nostalgic. Big Grin

RE: Spooky Holidays - JHyde - 28-12-2009 04:04 PM

Nostalgic about what? You're 20!

I'm only kidding, sounds like a few people are doing the local pub thing. Honestly, when I'm not working I find house parties the way to go on NYE. I can't bear the pubs or clubs or transport or everything else that goes with it.

RE: Spooky Holidays - TygerBright - 28-12-2009 04:15 PM

I'll be off to Amsterdam with my better half on Wednesday, experience the Dutch Silvester and visit friends. Should be fun even tho I'm not sure I'll enjoy the customary orgy of pyrotechnics. Not a big fan of big bangs, me. At least I can enjoy the days until Sunday, now that I've seen episode 8 Smile