Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Lucas and his tattoos - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Lucas and his tattoos (/thread-418.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Lucas and his tattoos - Margaret - 13-12-2009 12:32 PM

(09-12-2009 11:15 AM)Margaret Wrote:  Thank you, kirmostar for finding out all that information about the tattoos: quite fascinating stuff. Brilliant work.

..And JHyde: you have gotto be kidding? (About the shoe heel and urine tattoo ink!!)

Really, well I guess we learn something every day. I REALLY thought you were joking !! Scary!!!

RE: Lucas and his tattoos - Snowball - 13-12-2009 04:27 PM

Shoe heel and urine tattoo ink is all true from what I've read, and some of the people die from the infections too. Can't remember where I read that but if I stumble across the web page again I'll post a link (are links allowed?)

I'm not obsessed, really!!!

RE: Lucas and his tattoos - kirmostar - 13-12-2009 04:38 PM

There are books and books and books on Tattooing in Russian prisons - and the prisoners in the photos in these books are, shall we say, not quite as attractive as RA.......he got away lightly compared to some of things on the real prisoners' bodies

RE: Lucas and his tattoos - kirmostar - 14-12-2009 11:22 PM

Forgot about the star on his left arm, it's a Nautical 8 point star and has many meanings depending where you look.
The eight-pointed Star is the cross of Saint John. It originated in the Maltese Cross, the emblem of the Knights of Malta, and was used by the Knights of Saint John of Jerusalem at the time of the crusades. Each point of this star is called a tenet that represents the knightly virtues of:

· Tact

· Perseverance

· Gallantry

· Loyalty

· Dexterity

· Explicitness

· Observation

· Sympathy

RE: Lucas and his tattoos - Snowball - 17-12-2009 11:34 PM

This is an intersting site http://deadword.com/site/place/russian_tattoos/index.htm Click on the 'body' and then the various body parts for more info.

The star can also be used for the points to indicate the number of years in prison, and I'm sure I read somewhere that it's location on the body is also significant.... will have to look for that bit again!

RE: Lucas and his tattoos - kirmostar - 18-12-2009 08:30 AM

Fascinating stuff altho RA looks much prettier than the Russian prisoners!!!

RE: Lucas and his tattoos - hedgeypig - 18-12-2009 12:04 PM

(12-12-2009 12:30 PM)JHyde Wrote:  I think we should try and contact the makeup artist who does them. They're most likely to know! Although whether they'd know or care about the meaning, I'm not sure.

I tried contacting kudos about RA's jacket and they just sent me a stock reply saying we're too busy to help you unfortunately so unless you have a name you'll probably get little joy

RE: Lucas and his tattoos - kirmostar - 18-12-2009 05:06 PM

BBC website credits Jessica Wenden and Sharon Anniss as the make up artists and Natalie Pateman as hair and makeup designer? Do we stalk them on Google

RE: Lucas and his tattoos - LucasNorthFan - 18-12-2009 06:22 PM

(18-12-2009 05:06 PM)kirmostar Wrote:  BBC website credits Jessica Wenden and Sharon Anniss as the make up artists and Natalie Pateman as hair and makeup designer? Do we stalk them on Google

LOL, not *stalk* them but maybe there is an address or email for them so we can ask nicely. If we're lucky they'll take the time to answers us Rolleyes

LNF Smile

RE: Lucas and his tattoos - kirmostar - 18-12-2009 06:41 PM

I have already googled (politer than stalking!!) a couple of them and they appear to work freelance rather than directly for the BBC. Probably be the researchers who know what the tattoos mean tho. What a job tho seriously - sorry Richard can you please take your top off