Spooks Forum
Series 9 rumours - possible spoilers...... - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 rumours - possible spoilers...... (/thread-432.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - TygerBright - 08-01-2010 01:31 AM

(08-01-2010 01:08 AM)lwhite53 Wrote:  ... maybe they've just forgotten they haven't made an official public announcement??

that's the most likely explanation (well, not really but I'm grasping at straws).. anything than renewing one of their most successful shows with THE MOST LOYAL & OBSESSESSED FOLLOWING would be be lunatic with a capital LUcas Wink
I guess they know we know there will be no. 9 (that briefly made me think of Alan Shearer Smile) and they're just contemplating/negotiating/RockPaperScissor-ing the number of episodes... like, 14.
Big Grin

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - Tea Lady - 08-01-2010 10:27 AM

You may have something there TygerBright. Perhaps the press release has been delayed because the fine detail has not yet been agreed such as number of episodes or who will appear in series 9. The 2008 press release for series 8 which you can still read on the BBC press office website gives quotes from some of the actors saying how much they are looking forward to series 8.

The BBC must have given general scheduling information to the press for 2010 and Spooks was noted in this information. The BBC confirmation will come. Don't forget that in the UK the weather is awful and has been for a while now. There must be a knock on effect at both the BBC and Kudos.

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - Beatriz - 08-01-2010 12:07 PM

That's a good point!! That must be the main reason (I want to think Smile) We should be careful with spoilers then...

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - femaleBertieWooster - 09-01-2010 08:09 AM

I hope someone will start a new thread when the confirmation comes.

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - LucasNorthFan - 09-01-2010 11:02 AM

Negotiating more eps.... oh, yes please!

If they made a more elaborated announcement for last series, maybe that's the reason, they still have details to solve out and when they do, they'll make it as it should be Big Grin

LNF Smile

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - Tea Lady - 11-01-2010 04:36 PM

Not the news we really want at this time but I've had an email response from Kudos to a query I sent to them regarding series 9. I wont copy it onto the forum as it says on the bottom of the email that is confidential to the named addressee, although I did say I was a member of the forum in my email to them. Their response was "Unfortunately, we cannot confirm if a 9th series will go ahead at this time."

I am sure you can read all sorts into that comment but it probably just means wait and see.

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - nothingisasitseems - 11-01-2010 06:06 PM

(11-01-2010 04:36 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Not the news we really want at this time but I've had an email response from Kudos to a query I sent to them regarding series 9. I wont copy it onto the forum as it says on the bottom of the email that is confidential to the named addressee, although I did say I was a member of the forum in my email to them. Their response was "Unfortunately, we cannot confirm if a 9th series will go ahead at this time."

I am sure you can read all sorts into that comment but it probably just means wait and see.

That could be innocuous OR worrying.

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - TygerBright - 11-01-2010 06:23 PM

(09-01-2010 11:02 AM)LucasNorthFan Wrote:  If they made a more elaborated announcement for last series, maybe that's the reason, they still have details to solve out ...

I got it!!!!
They'll do the announcement in style and have RA read it, and since he's busy filming "Strike Back".. we'll have to wait..

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - lwhite53 - 11-01-2010 07:36 PM

(11-01-2010 04:36 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Not the news we really want at this time but I've had an email response from Kudos to a query I sent to them regarding series 9. I wont copy it onto the forum as it says on the bottom of the email that is confidential to the named addressee, although I did say I was a member of the forum in my email to them. Their response was "Unfortunately, we cannot confirm if a 9th series will go ahead at this time."

Obviously something is not settled quite yet -- I don't think they'll make an announcement until all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed. Undecided

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - femaleBertieWooster - 11-01-2010 07:37 PM

They would want it to be more formal than someone on a message board with an email, unless they let info like that leak out before and like people discussing the rumor.

What we need to watch for is any castings that might interfere with the regular filming schedule.