Spooks Forum
Series 9 rumours - possible spoilers...... - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 rumours - possible spoilers...... (/thread-432.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - Tea Lady - 13-01-2010 10:02 AM

The BBC have issued a press release today detailing its drama highlights this winter (current) and spring. Some of these programmes on the list have already begun airing! Me thinks the BBC or the BBC drama unit is a little behind in its press releases....

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - Beatriz - 13-01-2010 10:53 AM

Are they drunk or what? For god sake, they're supposed to be a serious and fiable channel...

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - Tea Lady - 13-01-2010 11:09 AM

(13-01-2010 10:53 AM)Beatriz Wrote:  Are they drunk or what? For god sake, they're supposed to be a serious and fiable channel...

The channel certainly has problems if you ask me. Hopefully the £6million pounds they will save on Jonathan Ross's salary as he is now leaving the channel, will go towards programme making. There really is nothing to watch in the evenings on the BBC at the moment. Oh, they started a new series of Survivors last night but promptly said that the second episode wont be on for another two weeks! That's the way to keep viewers!

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - Tea Lady - 13-01-2010 02:12 PM

Further to my earlier email regarding the BBC press release this morning, this article has appeared on the Guardian Newspaper website. The important bit is in paragraph 5. I am not sure though where this comment has come from as Spooks was not mentioned in this mornings press release.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/jan/13/bbc-drama-ben-stephenson

A series 9 Thread yet Nitrus???

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - JHyde - 13-01-2010 02:17 PM

Holy hell, I saw the headline for that and freaked! It does sound like something really drastic would have to happen to lose a ninth season though.

I'm glad Occupation may well come back too.

I can see Kudos being concerned, because it has several long running series that will probably be renewed this year, but may have significant problems next.

Thanks for posting Tea Lady.

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - Tea Lady - 13-01-2010 02:23 PM

Yes the heading does make your heart skip a beat doesnt it! It really sounds like series 9 is a go. The BBC must have already paid Kudos, who must already be in the middle of their pre filming prep as filming is supposed to start next month. Those in the media, seem to be in the know.

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - JHyde - 13-01-2010 02:26 PM

At the very least, the writers are working right now. They say every year that the first drafts and plans for the season are being done almost immediately after the season goes off the air. Worst case scenario, we'll find out in Feb when they film outside the Tate Modern or on Waterloo Bridge.

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - Tea Lady - 13-01-2010 02:36 PM

As I am so sad, I may go and set up a tent there for a few months. Actually I dont own a tent so will have to sleep on a bench. Being bench lady for a few months would be good for the soul.

I will keep an eye on the other UK newspaper websites for other comments.

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - JHyde - 13-01-2010 02:39 PM

So instead of Tea Lady you'd be Bag Lady. Awwwwww......

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - TygerBright - 13-01-2010 05:21 PM

Thank you so much Tea Bag Lady, harbinger of good news (or at least news Wink)
Being suspicious by nature, I'll believe it when I see the first episode (or at least a trailer) but dum spiro, spero. We just have to keep faith..
*huddles in a corner thinking positive thoughts*