Spooks Forum
Series 9 rumours - possible spoilers...... - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 rumours - possible spoilers...... (/thread-432.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - Nitrus - 19-01-2010 06:20 PM

It's all well and good various news sites publishing this stuff, but I won't be happy until the BBC give me confirmation in the form of an official press release. lol Tongue

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - TygerBright - 19-01-2010 06:25 PM

how long can you hold your breath? Wink
still, the absence of denial of all those (few) rumours flying around might indicate that they.... yeah, best stay suspicious.

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - Nitrus - 19-01-2010 06:27 PM

They would never outright deny something in response to speculation, they would still wait until they wanted to announce it.

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - Tea Lady - 19-01-2010 06:28 PM

Thanks for posting but this article reads like pure speculation. All they seem to know for certain is that there will be a 9th series. Beyond that they havnt got a clue and that is probably how Spooks has trotted along for the last 8 years. Why would they rest it for a year? They would either cancel because ratings are bad or commission again. It would not make sense to do that. Also I am afraid I dont see Spooks as being a box office money maker I am afraid.

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - YourFutureMuse - 19-01-2010 06:29 PM

cool article! I hope they don't stop waking the dead or hustle though Sad and I never knew they'd axed mistresses Sad
But I don't care if they axe all other TV shows so long as we get another Spooks series Smile I hope it won't be the last though Undecided but I suppose its better to go out with a bang than fade out with falling ratings Big Grin

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - TygerBright - 19-01-2010 06:36 PM

(19-01-2010 06:28 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Thanks for posting but this article reads like pure speculation. All they seem to know for certain is that there will be a 9th series. Beyond that they havnt got a clue and that is probably how Spooks has trotted along for the last 8 years. Why would they rest it for a year? They would either cancel because ratings are bad or commission again. It would not make sense to do that. Also I am afraid I dont see Spooks as being a box office money maker I am afraid.

oh I know it's just speculation since it came from neither Kudos nor BBC ... merely clutching at straws here Wink and daily checking the net, in the (vain) hope that one day, something official will turn up.
As for the "shelving" idea - I agree that it would make no sense at all... and unfortunately I think you're right about big screen spooks..
still, straws Smile

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - Tea Lady - 19-01-2010 07:09 PM

(19-01-2010 06:36 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  oh I know it's just speculation since it came from neither Kudos nor BBC ... merely clutching at straws here Wink and daily checking the net, in the (vain) hope that one day, something official will turn up.
As for the "shelving" idea - I agree that it would make no sense at all... and unfortunately I think you're right about big screen spooks..
still, straws Smile

There are loads of articles on the net at the moment about this sort of thing as the BBC are having to make cuts. I doubt even the BBC know what the future holds for a lot of their dramas at this time.

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - TygerBright - 19-01-2010 07:34 PM

oh I do see quite a bit of drama in the future of the BBC Big Grin

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - YourFutureMuse - 19-01-2010 07:40 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1244501/Spooks-Waking-The-Dead-face-wrath-BBC-budget-cuts.html

This articles worries me..Confused Mind you it is from the daily mail so most likely a load of rubbish ha Wink

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - almh - 19-01-2010 07:44 PM

It says at the bottom though:

Quote:A BBC spokesman said: 'It is not true these shows have been cancelled. Spooks will return for a new series in the autumn and Waking The Dead will be back on screens in 2011.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin